1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Site which is only 4 MONTHS old get listed in Dmoz within 2 weeks.. am i luck? :)

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by axa, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    axa, Apr 16, 2008 IP
    nebuchadrezzar and Smyrl like this.
  2. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it most certainly is just luck. An editor just happened to be working in that area. :D

This should prove to all of you that PR is totally irrelevant to editors, it has nothing at all to do with whether a site suggestion gets listed.

crowbar, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  3. SeoTrade

SeoTrade Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're very lucky man !... Congratulations, I've submitted 1 year ago and nothing yet... I think that we have to submit and forget about it, the if our site meets requirements it will be listed.

SeoTrade, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  4. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, QUITE lucky indeed!

threebuckchuck, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  5. dharmarucci

dharmarucci Peon

Best Answers:
    You are lucky in one sense.

But so were around 1000 other sites that were added today. DMOZ grows by about that much each and every day.

Perhaps the truly lucky people are those who use DigitalPoints forums to complain about not being listed in DMOZ.

Because if each of the 1000 people who are listed each day reported that to DP, they'd crowd out the few each month who come here to report that they have not been listed.

dharmarucci, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  6. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Nicely said, lol. :)

crowbar, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  7. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    There's been two PR updates in the last 4 months - PR would be easily attainable in that time frame. However, the real reason the OP's site was accepted was evidently not because of PR, why it was accepted, I have no idea.

Yet again, even more editorial abuse? There's no content on that site whatsoever as well as a spammy links page. So, crowbar, what's the verdict?

Spider-Man, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  8. attick

attick Peon

Best Answers:
    Few sites in the que for that catagory? Must be dealing off the top of the deck.

attick, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  9. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I agree, I'm very embarrassed that it was accepted and I have no defense. Hopefully, an editor who does edit in that area will see this and take another look at it.

Mistakes do happen. It might have been a new editor who meant to hit the delete button, and hit the update button instead. Or, he might have meant to move the site to another category for review by another editor, and forgot to put the path name in.

On the other hand, just because someone says they've been accepted into the Directory, doesn't make it true. A search might tell a different story.

crowbar, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  10. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Spider-Man, Apr 17, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.