1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Data Center Upheaval

Discussion in 'Google' started by Henny, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Swiss

Swiss Guest

Best Answers:
    Perphaps they should rename it Boogle,
    don't be evil ( don't be incomp really).

And pity more people don't use MSN as you can get in the top with no incoming links

Swiss, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a good prediction one of these days MSN will press a button to boot Google to planet Google DC hell. If you follow there trends with the XBOX everyone thought ah this ain't going to fly but everyone was WRONG.

SEO Jeff, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    sGroup likes this.
  3. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would be great since I pretty much own MSN. :cool: (See thread about owning MSN for details.)

Web Gazelle, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  4. bigtimeadmin

bigtimeadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rather be on page 2 of Google than #1 on MSN. I have one KW that is what my ranks are and Google brings in 20 times the traffic.

bigtimeadmin, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is odd. I've watched two of my pages on my site (both ones I've been working on improving) fluctuate from a PR4-PR5 (it was previously a 4 prior to the update, and I was happy to see they may have improved) for the past couple of weeks since the update, with it varying by time, ISP, etc. I've been waiting for it to settle, yet it continues. With McDar down I can't check any further.

I thought it would have settled by now, but it hasn't happened yet. It's good to know it's not just me. I was starting to wonder.

Ian

Ian, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    sGroup likes this.
  6. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more with you there. Not too long ago my new site started ranking for a couple terms in Google and Google now gives me more traffic than all the many search terms that I rank for in MSN.

Web Gazelle, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  7. Komodo Tale

Komodo Tale Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not surprised by any of this. In March Google did a major infrastructure update. We know this included a restructuring of how Google spiders and collects shards. We have good indications that Google did a major update to the algorithm software and to their internal software's front end. We know that Google heavily tested BigDaddy for quite some time before spreading it out and have good indications that it has been tweaking ever since. We know that there were mixed PR results during the BigDaddy rollout and shortly after the rollout was complete Google did a public PR update at Matt Cutts's request which gave several webmasters unexpected and odd results.
    Actually, I think Google is doing fine, great even. Whenever you take a major upgrade out of the lab and onto the vastness of the Internet there are bound to be unexpected consequences. As Microsoft can tell you, these unexpected consequences cannot always be fixed simply, decisively, and overnight. Sometimes the fixes even spawn new problems. After all, to our best knowledge the Google SERPs algorithm has over 100 weighted variables.

Getting something like the Google SERPs algorithm to perform optimally is like trying to get a pool cue to balance by itself with one end on the floor. Every time you think you got it the pool cue leans and falls to a different direction. Don’t forget that SEOmasters are constantly trying to game the SERPs too. Now Google is trying to balance that pool cue while onlookers are throwing machetes at them. I don’t know if I would do as well in those circumstances.

IMOHO I believe that the datacenter update being rolled-out right now represents a major adjustment that Google believes will solve several of their bug reports. In other words, they continue to make progress.

Of course that progress could be good for your website or it could be bad. It all depends on which way the SERPs change for you. That’s living on the Internet. We will only know for sure if Google gets back to the top of the objective SE relevancy tests when those tests have their next go around.

Komodo Tale, May 7, 2006 IP
  8. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    what results do you see on 216.239.59.147 ?

sGroup, May 7, 2006 IP
  9. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    I was out of the sandbox yesterday, however hours later back in sandbox. DCs are fluctuating enormously.

According to your past google dance experiences, when do you think it will settle down with my page 1 results? :p

cenkbut, May 9, 2006 IP
  10. Alan Murray

Alan Murray Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has been happening a lot with these updates. They run 3 or more results and then they settle down after a month or so. I can’t believe they do this - makes me think it is to do with increasing addwords.

I have one in top five for a 1,120,000,000 keyword on some datacenters. Try not to upset yourselves to much over this - just get used to it.

Alan Murray, May 9, 2006 IP
  11. omsolutions

omsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Tis time it is taking toooo long for google to stabilise their serps. Also seems like it has been reverted back to months old results.

omsolutions, May 9, 2006 IP
  12. Julia-IT-Inventors

Julia-IT-Inventors Active Member

Best Answers:
    so I am not alone...............

2 of my sites were out of sandbox few days ago, now they are again there.

1 site's kwp moves from #4 to #14 or even #24 in few seconds....
    top 5 in that case are some dubious websites which have backlinks from dmoz clones only...

1 site is dropping deeper and deeper every day from #240 to #450 during few days..was #37 for very competitive keyword before Jagger....

Julia-IT-Inventors, May 9, 2006 IP
  13. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I am seeing one day when my number 1 and number 2 key phrases are on page one, then the next there totally gone, i'd love some consistency, for the first part lol.

superpump, May 9, 2006 IP
  14. angel_face

angel_face Banned

Best Answers:
    Other Google Data centers is still Propagating...

angel_face, May 9, 2006 IP
  15. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt Google is afraid to admit to anything, I'm sure all this will be fixed soon.

ForgottenCreature, May 9, 2006 IP
  16. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are having problems and me too
    Usually I have a good and constant CTR but seeing that the same is jumping up and down since days and today I even see that their calculator (in the account) has a problem. I haven't any problems with my SERPs either.

40 + 2 = 43 it shows at the total for example

Arnie, May 9, 2006 IP