1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can my 1-month-old blog listed in DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by cupid9, Mar 22, 2006.

I have created a blog a month ago. I post almost everyday and now it has more than 30 posts, all post is written by me (no copy and paste). Can my blog be added to the directory?

I worry that DMOZ does not accept a too young blog! So, if I submit now and rejected and I submit again may be next month, my blog is rated 'Spam Blog'!

Confused...

cupid9, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just submit once to DMOZ when you feel it meets their guidelines.

If you don't feel it does, I wouldn't submit it.

If you submit it twice, apparently this will put back your application to zero again. Therfore if you've been waiting 5 months, and you re-submit, you're back to 0 months. That's how I understand it.

You can pay your way in to DMOZ as we have witnessed here on DP a while back when Shoemoney requested the service of an editor to approve one of his sites. I'm sure there was a fee involved. You could always ask?

I'd ask if I didn't think there was a chance of being conned out of the fee.

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  3. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't even think of doing this - unless you wanted to know for sure that this site and any other sites you might be affiliated with would never be listed. Any attempts to bribe an editor will result in a ban.

If you think your blog has sufficient unique content now - and you plan to continue blogging regularly - then suggest your site to the one best category. If you don't think your blog has either sufficient content or unique content - then wait until it has both before suggesting it.

lmocr, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  4. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Another disinformational post. Try reading the forum before posting. You ended up accusing Shoemoney of paying a bribe - not nice.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=13402&page=3

Oct 2nd 2005, 11:30 am

Shoemoney

just to update I got most of my sites in now and I never paid one editor.

I did get tips from a editor on how to submit better.

macdesign, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Cover it up if you like macdesign, the truth is out there - in the archives.

Very shortly after Shoemoney posted his request it was dealt with and approved very swiftly.

Even if the editor did it as a favour that's simply wrong, and you can't defend that either.

Negative me if you like, but it's the truth.

Bury it if you like, with the help of Shoemoney.

I know what happened. I aren't stupid.

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  6. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    How many posts can be considered as enough unique content? :confused: Really need advice from DMOZ editors.:rolleyes:

cupid9, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  7. jjwill

jjwill Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at the sites in the category that you plan on suggesting your site to and look to see how much content they have. Also, you want your site to provide something not already repeated several times in the directory. :)

jjwill, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    sidjf likes this.
  8. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry cupid, just submit without violating DMOZ guidelines. My football Blog was included just 1 week after its creation.

maldives, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  9. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no hard and fast rule - it will be up to the editor who reviews the site based, more or less, on the following:

Is the blog related to the category?
    Is the blog current?
    Are there a significant number of posts?
    Does the blog add value to the category?
    Does the blog contain unique content?
    If the blog is not current - is there significant unique content of a lasting value?

And so on.

You have to make the decision of when you believe the blog meets the guidelines - and that's when you suggest it. On the other hand, there's the possibility that you may never suggest your blog (or the editor doesn't look at the suggestion pile) and an editor who is interested in that subject finds it and lists it.

lmocr, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  10. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, your reply really answers my question! :)

cupid9, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  11. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My personal blog -- Q's Wire... was listed after a year. I did not submit the blog -- I submitted my business site.

Q...

QiSoftware, Apr 13, 2006 IP