1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any ways to find popular niche?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by workfromhome_cmps, Apr 12, 2008.

Ok ppls, I am fairly new to internet marketing and have bought a few things that aren't, to be honest, looking all that promising. But they do say that to make omelettes ya gotta break a few eggs and any successful person will usually tell you that they failed A LOT before they became successful. So I am not about to give up any time soon. One thing that I have managed to learn from these forums is that a good way to make money online is to create a website about a subject that you enjoy- and then you can get affiliate links and adsense and all that. Well I was wondering if there was any way to find what are popular subjects? Yes there are a few topics that I am interested in, that I think with a bit of research and time I could generate great content with. But I have heard that there are search tools that can tell you what people are searching for- this might be a good way to check popularity of subject. Any one know what I'm talking about? Thanks x

workfromhome_cmps, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You answered yourself in your very next sentence...

While there may be more popular subjects, the subjects that YOU enjoy will have the highest return. If you enjoy ant farms, then heh, make the best damned ant farm site out there and you'll get your reward. Though, erm, if it's that specific, then you may wish to expand a bit into other bugs or something... but seriously, do what YOU enjoy. It'll make the web a better place, then having you just write up crap articles for content on a subject you have only read a WIKI article on...

Qryztufre, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  3. bujes

bujes Peon

Best Answers:
    bujes, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  4. irsankao

irsankao Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed with Qryztufre to some point about to create something that you actually enjoy and
    I did that actually and make money from it but supposed your joy is unique in a sense that
    very very little people will pay for for your interest then you have to look for another solution for example:
    1. Learn something new, something that you had interest on a month ago and become very good at it so
    you can create the contents with ease. The downside with this approach is you don't know if your new interest
    will be profitable or not.

Most gurus will teach out to create contents based on what you like, your interest. It's crap, they just
    don't want the competitions. So instead...start your interest from the end result, research what's already selling,
    something that already well marketed or will be the next big thing. How? easy way is look through magazines, tv, ebay, amazon, etc. That's the basic. From there, you will dig to find something like...instead competing with site with how to sleep better keyphrases, you will build your site with how to sleep better for post delivery moms keyphrases or something more specific. You get the idea, right?

Before you build the site, check how strong the competions using that specific keyphrases. It's hard to beat authority site.

Okay, that's just for the basics. I am sure others can add more.

irsankao, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  5. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can go to technorati and then look for popular niche. You can easily spot them because they have high authorities.

Chancey, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  6. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that the most important thing is to be in a niche that you really enjoy, because if you are in it just for the money... I am not sure if you are going to be very successful. It's not as easy as it might sound to become successful even though you've found a niche with a lot of traffic.

Anyways.

I am using a software called Micro Niche Finder and it works great.

I really do recommend it, my next blog (launching in about a week) is all because of this software. I would never have launched it if it wasn't for Micro Niche Finder - it's a very interesting niche that I will be blogging about, and I really do enjoy it.

Jens

slymarketing, Apr 12, 2008 IP