1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Well...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gydian, Apr 11, 2008.

Looks like I'll be conducting my business here from now on since incompetent chat monitors over at Namepros are completely and utterly useless. :p

So, what all have I missed here? Anything new and exciting?

Gydian, Apr 11, 2008 IP
    LeoSeo likes this.
  2. ste1975

ste1975 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not jump on your bandwagon i had a bad time there to,,,:(

ste1975, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  3. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I went into chat, mentioned I was selling a few domains and wanted to continue normal conversation like I always do, and some jackass and a CM there said I was spamming. I told the non-CM to kindly stfu as I was not spamming and got banned. Was pretty lame.

But meh, what do ya do. Guess that's what happens when you have young immature little peons running your site.

Gydian, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well welcome in the club :)

w3bmaster, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  5. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I prefer it here anyway. Much quicker responses and quicker sales.

Only like NP for the chatroom/live auctions. Guess I can live without those. lol

Gydian, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  6. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    DP is the best :D

kingofsanda, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  7. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to have to agree. :p

Gydian, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  8. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    glad you move to DPism :p

kaung, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  9. coffear

coffear Member

Best Answers:
    You were not banned for no reason Gydian and you know damn fine.

You consistently broke the rules and when pulled up about it you sent staff members pm's such as:-

The 1st statement in that quote is quite ironic as you sent that to the person because they WERE doing their job. Maybe if you did not have an attitude problem you would nbot have been banned?

coffear, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  10. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't talk such rubbish man ( @ Thread OP )

You were banned for being rude the the chat op rather than the spam which you were politely warned about, which isn't allowed anyway but at least the np ops (no offence dp mods, you do a great job, different forums have different rules) give you the courtesy of a warning before warning points are issued but youll probably get some for being rude. Youll no doubt get the same treatment here too with that attitude.

Electric-Shadow, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  11. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're both fucking retarded. None of this would have happened had I been banned for a legit reason.

1 line in a domain selling chatroom ABOUT selling domains is not fucking spam. Get it through your thick heads.

And I hardly consider the message sent to me as a polite warning. Why not post the whole conversation and not just my stuff? See, I couldn't post the whole thing because I was already locked out of my account.

In short, again, kindly shut the fuck up and get out of my thread if you're not going to post the whole thing.

Gydian, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  12. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Consistently broke the rules? Funny since, you know, this was the FIRST time I've ever been banned/warned about ANYTHING on NP. Yay for spamming, cause you know. Talking about selling a few domains in a chat room designated for selling domains, and putting 1 line in the chatroom is definitely spamming.

Open your fucking eyes you idiot.

Gydian, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  13. Electric-Shadow

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You've got a lot of nerve talking to people like that, kindly watch your language and dont be so damn rude.

you were banned for your conduct, NOT the spam the NP moderators are not retarded, they dont ban people for no reason. Also the rules on the forum state that you can't just post a link and nothing else, including in the chatroom. don't expect to stay around here for to much longer with your attitude, you sir are one of the rudest people i've seen on here.

I'm entitled to post in this thread if I wish, in future don't post a thread like this and expect everyone to be on your side.

14. Gydian

Gydian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You're quite amusing. I didn't just post a link. My chat line said:

"I'm selling some domains. [Domain], [Domain], [Domain], and [Domain]. Open to offers."

That's the only line I posted. I didn't even get a chance to post saying hello, or asking if anyone was selling anything before I got jumped on by whichever asshat I told to kindly stfu. It wasn't directed at the mod, it was directed at the person who was bitching and griping that I was "spamming" which I wasn't.

So again, please, tell me which rules I so blatantly broke to warrant getting warned/banned in the first place.

The chatroom was for open conversation. I did not curse in chat. I told someone to shut up for bitching at me over something I had not done. End of story.

The rest of this shit happened because that idiot of a chat monitor had no reason to ban me. And it grew into full flame when they sent me their pathetic message pretty much calling me an idiot, which you all refuse to post here.

All this occurred because the chat monitor could not do their job properly. That's the bottom line. Argue all you want, I really don't care. I'm done posting in this thread now since it's being overrun by pathetic attempts to coax me into more verbal assault.

Gydian, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  15. coffear

coffear Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly you are downright lying. I have just looked at your warning on namepros and you were warned twice last year for similar behaviour (I am a staff member over there I can look to check). Secondly your responses in this thread have demonstrated the type of talk that got you banned from Namepros.

Anyway this is not fair on DP bringing such matters up in their forum.

coffear, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  16. Electric-Shadow

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    posting a list of domains for sale like that is considered a spam, especially if you enter and say nothing, it's considered rude, you're actually allowed to spam once an hour which is very fair and most people keep to the rule and the mods are ok with it.

Again if you'd bother to pay attention you were banned for BEING RUDE/your conduct, you were only warned for posting the domains for sale as soon as you entered if you hadn't whined like a child about it you would have been ok.

I'd be willing to bet good money that the comment you say the op made was perfectly justified, stop blowing this out of proportion. And for your information I wasn't coaxing you ionto a verbal assault, YOU were very rude to me in your post and it was imo unprovoked so don't give me that rubbish.

17. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gydian, Your 11th and 12th post's give us DP members a good idea of why you were banned at NP without even having to look at any more evidence. With an attitude like that you will be banned here soon! Remember mods and chat monitors are more powerful than you, so you should respect them. If you had apologised for 'spamming' and tried to prove them wrong POLITELY then I doubt you would be banned right now!

Jon1771, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  18. :Master:

:Master: Guest

Best Answers:
    lol well good luck

:Master:, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  19. oldmentor

oldmentor Banned

Best Answers:
    Well.... thats a wise decision.

oldmentor, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  20. Electric-Shadow

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You must've read my mind :eek: :D

Should also mention that it's not proper to whine about being banned at NP on this forum.