1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can free content make money for you??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dynn, Mar 21, 2006.

does anyone make money from article that you copy from article directory...without violate the article copyright rules.

dynn, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google seems to have a zero tolerance policy towards duplicate content. I strongly recommend go away from previously indexed articles.

You still can make money but, you need people to click your ads to earn money. If google and other search engines penalise you for duplicate content you are not going to make any money.

maldives, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you had got penelized you can still make money. This is because search engines is not the only place where traffic comes from. You can get your traffic from anywhere.

john269, Mar 21, 2006 IP
    obenix likes this.
  4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Its not impossible but it would be temporary income not permanent.You may have to give chance to "unique" contents.

There is one another point is that it is easy to market "unique" things.Copy cats face tough time in market.

Mong, Mar 21, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, some people still keep earning money by clicking their own ads :rolleyes:

maldives, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  6. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    This is quite false. Using reprinted articles will not get you penalized. Read this thread: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=652530#post652530

You may very well trip the duplicate content filters, but unless you do something dumb like write a script to make thousands of pages by slightly modifying one word in the article, you will not get a duplicate content penalty. You must understand the difference.

Tim_Myth, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  7. demonsnakeyes

demonsnakeyes Guest

Best Answers:
    im really confused on how these peeps get money just for writing articles? is it like your a freelance writer in the internet and sell your stuff and hope someone will buy it from you? hehehe im confused really...

demonsnakeyes, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  8. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No confusion necessary- take my content house for example, I've got 70 writers who write for my clients all the time. These clients are webmasters who need new, fresh articles to be used for promotional purposes or for website content purposes. Webmasters pay me to have the content created, and I in turn pay my writers. No confusion ;)

jeeplaw, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  9. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    There are several profitable angles with articles depending on who you are. There's professional writers like Jeeplaw's service. There's webmasters who write articles, submit them to lots of places, people read them, come to my site, and buy something. Or, there's webmasters who reprint articles on their site and display ads in/around the articles.

I fall in the last two categories. I have one small site that pulls $30 a month from a handful of "How to" articles, and I have another site that has clear traffic and sales spikes everytime I publish an article. get yourself 10 or 20 small sites that pull anywhere from $30 to $100 a month from Adsense, and you have a nice second income that keeps your wife from complaining too vociferously about your hobby (or obsession depending on who you ask).

Tim_Myth, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that people still earn money by clicking their own ads. I say that if you are serious about your business then just getting banned from a search engine doesn't stop you from earning money.

The major businesses on the Web will not totally rely on the major search engines including me.

What's the point. You put up a site, make a good which takes about 2 - 3 years and then you site gets penelized or ranked lower in the search engines and then you are out of business.

If you think this is the case then you don't know much about advertising.

You can advertise on other sites, web directories, you can pay for adwords, overture, you can write articles, do press releases, directly contact the press, start an affiliate program and get traffic from that. There are hundreds of way to get traffic and it is not just by using the search engines.

Search Engines is not only the source for traffic.

Just because a site gets banned from the major search engines will not mean that it will be gone from the web a few months later do to going under.

john269, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  11. temp_12000

temp_12000 Peon

Best Answers:
    think it this way: does google make money from indexing others content?

the question is NOT whether you can make money from it, it is how to make money from it. how to make more from it.

Temp

temp_12000, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  12. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    for my site, it only index once in a while. If some site which index everyday steal my content, i become the one who has duplicate content?

ahkip, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  13. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you got kicked out of SE's for Dup content then what is point of all the article farms like ezine etc.... because it works!!!

While i think dupe conetent meaning exact wiht exact layout etc.. meaning copy of site will get you delisted but because you post an article that is on 50 others sites... i don't think so...

xboxundone, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with you. Duplicate most likely means that if the whole of your site is about 75% the same as another site or something. I think that is counted as duplicate content and is filtered out. I don't know the exact percentage, but I would guess they would use some sort of a percentage.

If you include duplicate articles in your site and you also have alot of other content on the page then I don't think you will get penelized.

This is because the whole web is copied time and time again.

For example, Google gets their search listings from the site by collection snippets of the sites information.

Froogle collects it's information from merchants submissions. Most of them most likely just pulls that information straight from their database making the information in froogle nearly the same as the merchants site.

There are affiliate programs where you can list hundreds of duplicate content on your site like ebay, and things.

There is duplicate content everywhere on the Web.

john269, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  15. dynn

dynn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok thanks...for the long explaination..

dynn, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  16. Pablo Peillard

Pablo Peillard Peon

Best Answers:
    yea,, its simple you could use a SEO Wordpress robot that does it for you may copy the content and leave a link for the original site (no copyright infrigment and have good posts on your site)

Pablo Peillard, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  17. 21stinc

21stinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it is possible, but I think it would be difficult

21stinc, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  18. Gubaru

Gubaru Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible but you'll make more money in the long run writing your own articles. It may be difficult to begin but you'll really appreciate it down the line.

Gubaru, Jul 13, 2011 IP