1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Change of Design Help?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by jl255, Apr 9, 2008.

Appreciate if you guys can give me your comments on my site below:

Am wondering if a change to a more attractive design will be significantly help to increase the time that people spend on my site?

My personal views is that it won't as it is good enough with lots of quality content. But what do you think?

http://tinyurl.com/4sxrlg

Any constructive comments on how I can improve the site will be greatly appreciated. Tks!

jl255, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    I am not sure this will help or not but

I would like to suggest to remove the big header from the header section for a while and add either top images or some slogans for now. So people will have a feel or "ad free/less" or a moment and once you get decent traffic, put back up the header ad.

if you could, you can make the images as if appearing inside an photoalbum frame or some sort of frame.

those may make your visitors stay longer as they'll get attracted to the site feel.

kaung, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  3. thebestcoder

thebestcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    pop up ads works well to drive visitors away from you and you have it, even i have closed the window as soon as the popup opened.

thebestcoder, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. webblab

webblab Guest

Best Answers:
    f..off, its just a redirect link.

webblab, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. microbrain

microbrain Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I didn't like the banner ad on the top , I think adsense is fine enough - You have installed adbrite which is just crap . Your sites content is good , try working in this advertizing section . Best of Luck !
    Regards
    microbrain

microbrain, Apr 10, 2008 IP
    jl255 likes this.
  6. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tks for all your feedback. But my main question is this, does the current site design discourage you from staying on the site (if you are really looking for wallpapers) longer despite the good content?

is it hard to find what you want and does the site seem very messy?

jl255, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    it's like most of the sites' theme
    something's not giving me reason to stay longer (but to revisit, yes if content is good)
    but then in other side, it'll make visitors come back to grab images they have seen.

kaung, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  8. Limmy

Limmy Guest

Best Answers:
    The advantage of a site theme change, is it gives it a fresh feel and then with that you can advertise as 'new and improved', works for Youtube :p

Limmy, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  9. Kuriyaki

Kuriyaki Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly if I was looking for a wallpaper, I wouldn't mind surfing through this page.

I know those intrusive ads are annoying but it doesn't stop me from searching for a wallpaper.

A new site change would give the users a new feel. In other words, you are changing for THEM. Which shows the users you care about them. Just find a better one.

Kuriyaki, Apr 10, 2008 IP
    jl255 likes this.
  10. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would say too many ads i know you are trying to make money just like the rest of us but dont spam the site with ads

tigrrra, Apr 10, 2008 IP
    jl255 likes this.
  11. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with tigrrra I think there are a little too many ads on the page.

kingofsanda, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  12. clark71822

clark71822 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with the general consensus on this one...the ads are a big put off...especially the big one that pops up and covers the whole site until you click on skip ad.
    As far as the design goes...change the themes on a periodic basis...maybe find a plugin that can automatically change themes for you on a set interval. Allow registered users to change to a theme they like if that option is available.

clark71822, Apr 11, 2008 IP