1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Warning Email - Looking for Guidance (3 days to comply)

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by j0ned, Apr 9, 2008.

Adsense emails this,
    I'm very confused. Can someone please advise me on what to do??

j0ned, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure I can help here but im looking for help with my adsense campaign as well let me know if you have in info in regards?? ;) thanks much

Aaron111, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  3. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My guess is the lack of separation between the picture and the ads. I recommend you put one of the text labels on the ads to separate them from the picture.

Jacqueline, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. PearlJam

PearlJam Peon

Best Answers:
    Only thing i can see is the fact that the google ads is not clearly separated from the content. It is easy for a visitor to think the google ads is actually content on your site. But it seems like they refer more to something else. Did you take something off before you posted here?

PearlJam, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your lacking main content there, theres more ads then any text, the pic is leading to an ebay ad and is not very far away from the below adsense.

Try adding some text under the car Buy it Now and before the adsense to create some seperation.

pipes, Apr 9, 2008 IP
    j0ned likes this.
  6. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Best advice I've received yet.

j0ned, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  7. redigit

redigit Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, atleast it's good to know that adsense is sending out warnings instead of just banning accounts.

That page looks a lot like an automated search result, which is against the TOS.
    Your best bet is to remove the ads all together, I wouldn't risk it. Maybe go with another content network, or just wait a few months and put them back.

Just my 2 cents.

redigit, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  8. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Despite the looks, it's not an automated search result. Where in the Adsense TOS does it say pages that look like automated search results are prohibited? I've been with Adsense since 2006 and have never done anything (in my opinion) to violate their TOS. I'm still not sure why this site flagged in the first place. Where on the page am I encouraging users to click the ads??

I went ahead and added "Sponsored Links:" above the ads hoping this will take care of their concerns.

j0ned, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  9. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    It talks about the lang used and gives examples, maybe remove "Sponsored Links:"

meep99, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  10. jpsense

jpsense Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a look at your page and Google warning. I feel you should remove "Sponsored Links:" text from your pages ASAP. It's against the TOS. Even meep99 suggested same thing.

jpsense, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  11. iRoyal

iRoyal Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are sure that you'll be able to put the ads according to the TOS within the 72 days, I suggest that you remove ALL ads, read the TOS, and start the ad placement from scratch.

iRoyal, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  12. abhinav42

abhinav42 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just remove "Didnt Find What Youre Looking For?"
    Written right below the ads. And you should be fine.

abhinav42, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  13. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    You clearly haven't read the Adsense TOS or the email I quoted in the beginning.

Please prove this claim - no where in the Adsense TOS does it say "Sponsored Links:" is against the TOS.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the links underneath "Didn't Find What You're Looking For?" are to internal pages, not Google Adsense, so I'm not sure how that violates policy.

It's Monday and my account is still active. I also haven't received any further communications from Adsense so I'm hoping all is well.

Thanks everyone for all your input,

-j

j0ned, Apr 14, 2008 IP