1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Investors

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Amirmullick3, Apr 9, 2008.

1. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but this project can not be done by one programmer you see. There is team of 10-20 programmer that will be making it but we need a little investment.

usmanzali, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. iWrite

iWrite Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested now, that you guys are showing some flexibility. I will add you on MSN as well, because I have some more questions.

iWrite, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  3. Amirmullick3

Amirmullick3 Banned

Best Answers:
    @iWrite, im glad that you are interested. We will be glad to answer any questions.

Amirmullick3, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. chantown

chantown Peon

Best Answers:
    that looks pretty nice.

chantown, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  5. krates

krates Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like the concept i have added you to msn let us chat there i can be a partner in this site + i will invest something

krates, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  6. tasteblood

tasteblood Guest

Best Answers:
    Sent Usmanzali a PM with a few questions in them. Looking for satisfying answers for those questions ;)

tasteblood, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. masfenix

masfenix Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont mean to be rude, but I don't believe that. The project your describing can be done by one experienced programmer.

Plus whats the garuntee you will return the investment? I take it that official documents will be signed?

masfenix, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  8. joanbflo

joanbflo Banned

Best Answers:
    In the USA you need a prospective and be registered to solicit this way. It seems you want to sell shares and it is illegal.

joanbflo, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  9. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quick Question ->
    Will you guys have network ads? And also offer popup services (the ones that use flash :p)
    Just wondering -_-

Dreads, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  10. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    I suggest you get yourself a good it consultant (that means a BIG nerd) and offer them ownership. A bunch of marketing and ideas people don't have the techie knowledge to run a startup online ... it's a recipe for disaster. You are probably also planning on overpaying for your script to be built because of this, insight on that side will allow for a stronger, more scalable script to be built (by outsourcing). Not having an IT guy also a big problem when it comes to script maintenance and growth, assuming it's a perpetually expanding ad publishing system.

Also please tell me that your hosting is not shared ... 101% uptime is vitally important for an ad-serving network and when you are sitting on a box with 1000 other sites, it's just not going to happen. A decent VPS will run you about $60/month ... dedicated $100. If you are serious about this, you will probably need 2-3 servers serving up the ads and another (shared is ok here) pushing your front end.

Also, I'm not a lawyer but the comment about "selling securities without a license" sounds very real. You might be able to circumvent this by offering up a % of ownership to investors instead of paying them a 25% return or whatever ... but again, I'm no lawyer.

ErectADirectory, Apr 10, 2008 IP
    usmanzali likes this.
  11. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where's the software development stand right now? we might have a solution.

wounded1987, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  12. Amirmullick3

Amirmullick3 Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it is really hard to find an experienced programmer who can complete the whole task in one go. Its almost impossible if you know what I mean. The reason we need, or the programmers need, more people is because there is a lot of testing needed and a lot of knowledge is necessary.

No official documents will be signed.

We're not selling shares or anything. We're basically telling people to lend us money to achieve our goal, and in return, we'll give them 25% more back. Not illegal.

We might, we're not exactly 100% sure about the sites' features. We will need to talk to the programmers about that first. We will definitly listen to ideas that investors might have though.

Thank you for the juicy reply. We will be very careful when choosing who will make the ads. In addition, the hosting is going to be dedicated, yes, because 101% uptime is one of the essential things of this project. This is also another reason we need investments, because our teammate can only provide one source, we will need one more. Also, its not illegal, because we're basically asking people to lend us money and in return we'll give them 25% more back.

Thank you everyone. If your planning on investing, then please PM me.

Amirmullick3, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  13. midwestmoneyman

midwestmoneyman Peon

Best Answers:
    You are very naive to the laws of the United States (have you even heard about the SEC) if you don't think that giving people a return for money that they lend you is not SELLING SECURITIES....IT is by definition and you will definitely be in big trouble..

midwestmoneyman, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  14. xstealth6

xstealth6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Business requires documents. Especially over an online site.

What if you don't reach your goal? what securities are involved that after i pay you a large amount of money that i'll ever speak to you again?

Sorry but all this without an written business plan is complete garbage. Anyone giving money away is a fool to invest in something like this.

Facts are facts. Im not out ot bash your ideas or dreams or hopes. But this is the way i see it... i can start "my own" ad serving site right now. All i need is 500$ from each of you, and i'll promise i'll give you 30% back from profits... I PROMISE!!

see what i mean? doesn't sound so secure does it?.

By the way. Selling secured profits/securities without a license, is in fact illegal.

http://www.com.state.oh.us/press1/97releases/sc0619.htm
    for an example...

xstealth6, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  15. usmanzali

Best Answers:
    Well we are not here to reck our reputation.

usmanzali, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  16. usmanzali

Best Answers:
    O really? Then show me one programmer who can do this?

I have asked so many programmers and most say too much work.

usmanzali, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  17. masfenix

masfenix Peon

Best Answers:

Well I dont know if you know this, but I am a programmer. (I do asp.net). I can't do this project as its way too advanced for me, but as a programmer its sometimes very difficult to work together for a single project.

Every programmer has there own unique style. Please I really hope you were exgerrating when you said you need about 10 programmers. That's an overkill.

And Amir, how come no official documents will be signed? thats our security to get money back. Or its court time. I really hope you do get documents signed.

I dont mean to be pushy at all. After all I am just a 19 year old university student.

masfenix, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  18. krates

krates Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey dudes i recently got added in the team

if you live in U.S you can directly contact him by phone or some other method i know it sounds like a risk but it is not it is something proffesional remeber if we can't succeed you will get 100% money back guarantee

for security purpose you can have any 1 of our site id pass or something like that we will discuss about it

Thanks
    krates

krates, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  19. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    This is specifically why you need a BIG nerd involved, you have no idea what a real programmer is capable of and you really need someone to get your infrastructure in place. You will, in fact, easily pay 2x what you should without having someone with the knowledge on staff.

You've also got until June which is your project's release date ... 1 month is plenty of time to get a beta in place if you plan on paying the scriptor market value. And if you think you can cut corners here and get this done on a budget ....

That being said, I would not suggest looking for 1 programmer to get it done, it is a big job ... but I certainly wouldn't go looking for 20.

It drives me nuts knowing that most people think of programmers as a dime a dozen. Not only can they make or break your operation ... but they can bring the whole thing down in just a few keystrokes. Here's an example ... What are you planning to do to prevent a ddos attack? Do you even know the malicious things that adsense deals with on a daily business.

You want one good programmer? I'll give you 2. Go ask nico_swd or krakjoe, but be prepared to open up your checkbook as these guys bring much game.

I'm not trying to be pushy here and I'm certainly not trying to rain on your parade. There is MUCH CASH to be made serving up ads ... I guess I'm just adding my 2c.

Good luck for sure

ErectADirectory, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  20. texanweb

texanweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something came up and will not be able to invest anything. However, if you need access to a VPS server, I can help you out as all my sites are on VPS. If you need a dedicated server, I can hook you one up if need to.

texanweb, Apr 11, 2008 IP