1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense earnings

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by dfsweb, Dec 27, 2004.

Hi,
    Just wondering what the maximum amount any of you guys have earned with Adsense, say per month?? I manage a couple of PR5 sites (for a company) and am looking at starting another website soon for myself. Is there anybody out here who is actually able to earn a decent amount of money through Adsense?? An estimate of monthly traffic and the sites' PR would be of help as well, as I will then have something to work towards for my new site.

I obviously can't earn any money through the company's PR5 sites, as you can imagine. :D Thanks!

dfsweb, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    giving out specifics is against the google TOS.

the amount of traffic needed to make "good money" really depends on what sort of niche you're in.

I get ~50,000 adsense impressions a day, and I make a decent amount (more than most people probably make working full time..)

disgust, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  3. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! That's a lot of traffic disgust, a loooooong way to go for me and my new site. The PR6 won't be a problem though, I reckon I'll get there in a few months with a bit of hard work and effort! ;)

I am thinking of building a site around the travel and photography theme. Perhaps, a site with images from a particular area as well as travel info, maps etc. ..... It's still a bit vague, as I am still working on it. Just thought I might get an idea of the potential revenue before I truly get into this project. :)

dfsweb, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    don't put so much effort into the PR. it doesn't directly influence your earnings or even your traffic. focus on your positions for terms (and the link popularity you need to get it higher).

by the way, www.google.com/adwords has a great way to estimate how much you'll get per click. go through the demo signup and plug in some sample keywords. the higher the better.

disgust, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I;d build a site that you are interested in, and worry about revenues second. Main reason is that you will be more interested in it - naturally - and thus do a better job with it, marketing and getting people to visit and want to come back.

lorien1973, Dec 27, 2004 IP
    Lever likes this.
  6. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im getting around 30k impressions a day, and make a decent amount, more as my fulltime job lol

stephaneggy, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  7. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good point Lorien. I do love photography with all my heart, but I don't want to spend a lot of time building and then marketing a website ..... to earn a measly amount that doesn't even pay the costs involved. At the least, I would want the site to pay off all the registration, hosting and marketing bills (over a few months) and perhaps add a bit of disposable income to my account! :D

I am getting into this as an "experiment" just to see how far this can go, and was looking for some indication on how much people can potentially earn with affiliate programmes, adsense and the like, with well developed and optimised websites. I wouldn't depend on this for a stable source of income. I've got a full-time job for that! :)

dfsweb, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  8. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    My adsense earning is 30% of my internet business, the other 70% are from local advertisement, membership and affiliate programs. But still I have my day job.

There is no limitation on adsense earnings some webmaster earns above 10k amount (they belong to UPS club formerly known as FEDEX club)

melfan, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  9. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the UPS club members earn much more than 10k.

My adsense starts to earn something, it increases very fast.

hurricane_sh, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  10. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    While we all know that Google's Terms of Service expressly (and, I'd reckon, severely) prohibit giving out numbers, surely that refers to one's own numbers, the only thing one can actually know for sure.

But, in the light of the endless requests, quite reasonable, for information on scale, I would think it reasonable to set forth guesses, based only in part and loosely at that on one's own data, as to what are Poor, Fair, Decent, Good, and Excellent value ranges for the chief numbers.

For instance--and mainly from what I have read here and elsewhere--I suspect that a CTR of 1% or less is Poor, 1% to maybe 2% Fair, 2% to 3% Decent, 3% to 4% Good, and over 5% Excellent. I do not at all *know* that that is so, and it certainly says nothing whatever about my particular numbers, but it is the sense I get.

Is there agreement or disagreement that setting forth guesses like that one are within the ToS? And if--as I believe--they are, perhaps if several of us contributed such guesses on, say, CTR and CPM, then both newcomers and veterans would have some better idea of whether or not they have significant room for improvement in their performance: if one is doing what others consider "Excellent", there is probably not much room for tweaking one's mechanics (one always continues to seek more visitors, though), whereas if one is doing Decent or worse, that is a clue that one should be seeking ways to improve those parameters (which are somewhat more under our control than is the sheer number of visitors)--and Google ought to be glad to see such things, inasmuch as it works to improve their bottom line, too.

Thoughts?

Owlcroft, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  11. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CTR is largely dependent on content type and topic of your sites. 1% CTR is excellent for a forum, while 5% CTR could be poor for article sites in certain niche topics.

dejaone, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  12. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree 5% CTR can considered as above normal for content based sites. 2.4% - 3% is normal for content sites

melfan, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  13. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to partly agree with that. Whenever we have purchased advertising (not through Google though), we have just been able to get click through rates of around 1% or so and slightly higher for more targeted adverts.

dfsweb, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  14. arundirect

arundirect Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't make much, Its close to 7-8k/month. Google is not my only sponser.

Arun
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    High Paying AdSense Keywords - For a huge Discount of 40% this New year. Valid till 20th January 2005

arundirect, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  15. msmp3

msmp3 Peon

Best Answers:
    u say 7-8k/month is not much... I'd love to earn that much ;)

msmp3, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  16. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's one of my oldest posts. I sound like such a newbie! :rolleyes: ..... Why did you bump this thread msmp3?? :)

dfsweb, Jul 21, 2006 IP