1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attn: 600 USD Project needs to be completed ASAP!

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 6, 2008.

For some reason every so called "coder" thinks they can do good job. The project is not big and is doable in a week or two. My rules is No upfront payment until the work is done. Just like you need the money for the work, i need the site to be up and running as soon as you finish. I say that because of the many times i payed upfront payment and nothing good was done. If you know you are good experinced coder, then it shouldnt be a problem for you. The job is open for everyone, the first to finish the first gets paid, and if the work is remarkble, bounce pay will be issued.

A design should be made for the site. The site should basicaly have a registration for customers, product information, shoping cart, contact us link, site should have tabs for different langagues ie, English, french, dutch, Spanish, Slavic, and Arabic.

The site must have a easy control panel to upload products, images and text.

If you are intrested, please email or pm

Thanks.

Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  2. dopiitv

dopiitv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    0 itrader
    payment upfront
    uploading before payment
    =
    I doubt you'll find someone

dopiitv, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  3. AdnanAhsan

AdnanAhsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    some people with iTrader also escape without payment, Every Coder/Designer/Programmer should show his Work first and then ask for advance, without taking advance atleast i cant work because i have been burnt by some people, buyers should not assign their big/major/medium/small Projects to kids/beginner/non-professionals...

Some buyers hired unexperience, non-professional people just because of cheap rates, buyers should believe in work not in cheap rates, buyers should pay experienced people equal to worth, some time buyers wanted quality work but offered budget less then worth...

recently some one told me to code a big template and he was intending to pay me $$ less then worth, he wanted work in 2 hours, also he refused to give me some advance even i offered him to show my previous work but he refuse, he told me that he works at AT&T, thats why he wanted work first, then i refused him ..

So we should be aware of frauds/scammers ..

threadStarter's budget is 600$ but he should pay some advance to coder/programmer for surity of project. i hope we can be safe from some bad people by following small tips :)
    Thanks.

AdnanAhsan, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  4. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1. trashing programmers is not a good way to get our attention
    2. So you think it's fair that a programmer works for a week with no payment just in hopes that someone with a bad taste in his mouth for "so called 'coders'" will pay.
    3. Good experienced coders will laugh at your proposition, this is no way to conduct business
    4. Last sentence = this is a race? 1st done wins the loot?

Good luck, you're gonna need it .....

ErectADirectory, Apr 7, 2008 IP
    ideas_man likes this.
  5. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First off, I didnt trash " all the coders" i trash those that pretend to be good but they are not. Experinced coders will not laugh at my proposition, good experinced coders will actualy make money once they are done, and maybe get hired for future work and refered by me to other seekers.

In my past days i delt with so many coders that got paid realy big and didnt delever the work that was needed. Yet they got thier first and second payment and then they disapeared.

Now let me repeat myself again, IF you are good experinced coder, and you know you can delever good work, then you shouldnt worry. All what i am trying to do is to protect myself from getting scamed again.

I dont have itrade because i never used this forums in the past to hire coders. i usual use ifreelance.com

Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  6. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would be willing to make the payment via 3rd party company, once you work is done the money gets released.

7. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

You do the work on your on localhost, and upload your work into your own server, once the work is completed the money will be transfered to your account and then you can send me the files. I am not here to scam anyone, i am here looking for a service.

8. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "For some reason every so called "coder" thinks they can do good job" ... perhaps I read that wrong but "every so called 'coder'" .... other programmers might suck but your statement still rubs me wrong.

3rd party service is the way to go for you

having the code on our host keeps you from the source but what good will your program do for us if you decide not to pay ... especially since you are running a race here and the 1st is the only to get paid. "the first to finish the first gets paid"

good luck finding someone, seriously. I know nothing about this guy and am not speaking bad specifically about him. It does sound like you have a bad taste in your mouth though.

I don't mean to give you a hard time, but honestly, programmers have a more difficult time with scammers than do you. You can just pull an idea out of thin air and if a 'grammer flakes you are not out anything. If a contractor flakes on a programmer, we're out a lot of hard work (1-2 weeks in your situation). Hard to pay the bills that way.

ErectADirectory, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  9. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Many times in the past coders changed the deadlines, i am sick and tired of I will have it done next tuesday, or monday next week for sure.... Then you hear all sort of excuses, month after month and nothing gets done.

I said the first to finish the first gets paid, so if you are serious about your work and want to earn the money, then get going, PM me and get the info and start working. If i see you serious about your work, then i will post in this thread that the work is issued.

10. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You should ask for real details of the coder you are working with, his company, rates and portfolio. then you should pay 50% up front if you want to get going with him. Basically that's the way to go, you deal with reputed company that makes the development happen, pay the a good price so that the developer wont feel under priced and you get everything done.

you are insured because you know who he is and heard more about him from iTraders probably, and he's insured because you pay 50% upfront, delivery of files is when the second 50% of the payment was sent.

wounded1987, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  11. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would suggest turning to CodingForums.com ... :)

EGS, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  12. AdnanAhsan

AdnanAhsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what you mean? Digital Point forum is a paradise for all buyers and sellers, i love DP because here i got chances to show my skills, and make a good Freelance business, Digital Point is best at all.:) Long live DP ... :D

AdnanAhsan, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  13. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    BUMP
    Offer now is 800$, PM me if you are intrested.

Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  14. gigapromoters

gigapromoters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well said... :)
    But unfortunately, he will find someone from here itself... lol

gigapromoters, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  15. c4st

c4st Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This guy messaged me. He wants a shopping cart system that allows you to modify the prices for each user. That alone sound like iffy business. Sounded like he wanted a lot of work done for free. Well not for free, He promised me pay at the end. He said 4 programmers have offered to do the job so far. Out of the 4 who ever gets the project done first will get paid. Once I told him money is time and I'm not going to do anything without a 50% down-payment, he just shunned me aside. I think he may be a scammer. The site he needs developed is http://oraltitanium.com/

c4st, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  16. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dont understand why C4st is so paranoid. If i stated i will pay and i didnt then that would be a scam no?
    In clear text i said i will pay for those that want to do the work. A scammer will tell you he will pay and doesnt!

I am doing this for my protection from people like C4st, he would probably get the upfront down-payment and then quit working or disapear. I been stuned with too many people like C4st in the past and i dont feel like getting scammed over again.

Again if you are not intrested in the offer, someone else would be.

Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  17. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    From My Experience its better to not work with 0 itrade or new members. let move them. if he wana a real one to finish his work he must have to pay 1st. if he try in GAF/GAC/RAC then he must have to 100% escrow to get a real programmer.

Thanking You.

me4you, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  18. c4st

c4st Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, this just may end up being a huge flame. Pretty much he is saying he will pay you if you do the work. You know, after your done putting forth the effort and time. That is the same as saying I will pay you, at the end. Odds are, with your iTrader at 0 and how your going about with things, you won't pay. I was willing to do the job with a 50% deposit. That in no way is unusual when doing any type of transfer of this sort. Please stop associating my name with scammers as I'm following general and highly followed protocol for freelancers to protect ourselves from people like you. If I was a scammer I would not take the time to help people in the PHP forum now would I? Would I eve take the time to warn people about a possible scam? I may have no iTrader here, but I do here http://www.talkfreelance.com/member.php?u=14569 - not much, because I've just begun to do freelance work.

c4st, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  19. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    C4st, i will not associate your name with scammers if you dont asssociate mine. I am not here to flame anyone or get flamed by anyone. I will pay down-payment for those that have high Itrade, end of discussion.

Xplicit.Syrian, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  20. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    fully developed and well hacked out e-commerce system with no guarantee for cash ... I think his paranoia (if that's what you want to call it) is totally legit

Scammers write in clear text also. But you will only pay 1 of the 4 that you have working on it ... hmmm, sounds like you really don't have intentions of paying for all work done for you.

Low blow, totally uncalled for ... you know nothing about him and trust me when I tell you that no decent programmer will work with no collateral .. down payment or something.

Pay real money = get a real programmer = don't get scammed ... else you are just rolling the dice

Now taking bets that none of the 4 that you have will get finished with the project.

Honestly, people that would take a job without money down with only a chance to get full payment sound like people who can't build this system for you. They'll work for a few hours then realize what all goes into it ... then they'll realize that they probably won't get paid for the work they are doing ... then they'll realize they are in way over their head ... then they'll stop responding ... then you'll get more frustrated and think that all programmers are out to get you.

You should really consider conducting a real business deal with a real programmer and you will start sleeping well at night and realize that you were just being paranoid, kind of like c4st .. right?

ErectADirectory, Apr 20, 2008 IP