1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's so good about DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Germz, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think people increasingly could care less whether they have a link form DMOZ. I would much rather have a link form a related site with low PR than DMOZ.

qwestcommunications, Apr 7, 2008 IP
    Qryztufre and threebuckchuck like this.
  2. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that attitude would be great for the Directory, I'm all for it, :).

crowbar, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  3. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread seems to have gone way off topic, but to the opening poster, YES some users do use directories to find things they like. I do all the time so I assume I'm not the only one.

Google search results are often very poor so I'll give it a quick look to begin, but when I REALLY want results I'll scour directories or use Copernic search. When you're looking for good results, who cares what colors or graphics the site uses. It's irrelevant.

Have you looked at the YAHOO! directory lately? It's way uglier and very close to useless... so why target your animosity towards dmoz.org ?

compostannie, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because they suck big time. :D

popotalk, Apr 9, 2008 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  5. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your opinion, I'll be sure to put it in our special suggestion box, :D.

crowbar, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  6. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The backlinks still work wonders for my site... Even dropped domains with a dmoz link still works... as long as dmoz doesn't drop that link.... And now most of the HIGHLY PROMOTED directories out of the scene, and google cracking down on paid links, the importance of Dmoz in link building has only increased..

I'd anyway have a DMOZ link than a few blog roll links

About the main topic... on using dmoz to find sites... Well, people do use it to find sites, but not for info :), I won't argue with others who actually go to dmoz to seek GENERAL info coz we don't have facts, but yeah DMOZ can be a great place to find sites/domains that might be a good target for acquisition... cheaply.. or to find partner sites for link request

Blogspotter, May 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.