1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Isn't King Anymore

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MoneyMoose, Apr 6, 2008.

Content Isn't King Anymore
    If you write great content, you can't just expect people to come. Marketing is probably the single most important thing in getting more visitors to your site. Content could be what keeps them there, but marketing is what brings more and more people to your site.

What do you think?

MoneyMoose, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  2. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree, it might take longer with great content but if its just marketing the traffic will die if you stop marketing

bestserviceforyou, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  3. SyedZaeem

SyedZaeem Peon

Best Answers:
    I think SEO is very important factor for any site to get organic traffic. Optimize your site once, and this will pay you for a long time, and do concentrate to make your visitors happy. I think this is a key to get visitors.
    Social network site are also a good way to get traffic.

SyedZaeem, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  4. liljohn

liljohn Peon

Best Answers:
    my ppc accounts is king, i've made over 100k with them.

liljohn, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  5. JoseCisneros

JoseCisneros Peon

Best Answers:
    if you count SEO as marketing, then that is it. you obviously have to get the people there to see the traffic but if its good they will keep coming back on their own accord.

can you really say that any one piece of the supply chain is more important than the other? I suppose it depends on your industry.

JoseCisneros, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  6. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    marketing bring traffic, content make them stay and return ....

SonnyCooL, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  7. Ankit_Garg

Ankit_Garg Peon

Best Answers:
    As correctly pointed out no individual link is more important in the whole supply chain and everything matters, the same hold for traffic and content...
    They are married together and no one can survive without other.

Ankit_Garg, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  8. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with it to an extent.

I have been on this forums for nearly three years now.

My observation is most of the webmasters here, who make good money, focus more on marketing than on content.

In fact, there are many who make dozens and dozens of sites and don't even know what's written on their sites...:D. Still they manage to get good traffic and make good money bcoz they know how to optimize their sites well.

sachin410, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  9. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it holds some truth to it

cscott5288, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  10. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally disagree, if you have a totally crap site that tried to give viruses to all visitors, but awesome SEO and advertising strategies it would be useless. You still need some content however with this awesome SEO/marketing you would eventually come to the realization that a site is noting without quality content as your visitors wouldent stay on your site for more than a second.

GameOver, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  11. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    content is king..wat good is marketing without content...and vice versa..but i guess the former goes better...content is still king..

Luq, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  12. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you're right - you can have the best product in the world but if you don't market it correctly then it'll die on it's ass.

pondlife, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  13. lissie

lissie Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think is obvious you need both - google is getting smarter and smarter getting around the marketing "kings" who rank well for sites that add no value to their visitors. If you write good content in a visible location you will get visitors anyway - obviously if you have your own domain you will need to do your own marketing but content will win in the long run!

lissie, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  14. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ i agree with lissie. both should be given priority - equal priority.

what, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  15. edhan

edhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe that good quality content will still be an option. Of course, it has to combine with some SEO and promotion. Every little bit you do comes in handy for the overall result.

edhan, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  16. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i disagree. From what i have experienced, if you have solid content, the site can pickup without any marketing. i have many many sites which i have never promoted getting plenty of natural traffic just because of good content.

olddocks, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  17. coolslko

coolslko Active Member

Best Answers:

Well.......content is alwyas king......because through marketing visitors just can come to your website and then role of content start.....as when a visitor comes to yur site and finde content really interesting and something unique and different from others website then visitor will sure bookmark it and come back again and again and your site will get a permanet visitor.......butif content is just not good or simple like other website then he will sure swithch over to other results...so only gettting visiotors is not important but retaing them is so important and only your content can do this not your marketting.........

coolslko, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  18. baybossplaya

baybossplaya Active Member

Best Answers:
    the same content is being recycled and rewritten over and over. especially the posts on these forums.

baybossplaya, Apr 7, 2008 IP
    ninjashoes likes this.
  19. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but i feel that is wrong. Content i believe is the best strategy to get long term stable amounts of traffic to your website through search engines. Its the one fundamental stratgy of SEO that can be made to have the biggest benefit.
    Content is definitely mor worthy than marketing however doing a mixture of both is a much better strategy at tackling traffic issues or increasing traffic to your website. SEO and in focus content building is a long term strategy therefore the benefits may not be so noticable at first this is when you can add your other marketing strategies however over time content will build up more pages will be indexed, and indexed closer to the first results pages. Over time traffic will grow through search engines making the marketing methods worthless.

Thats just my opinion.

Will.

willyboy104, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  20. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that marketing plays an important role, but without content, your visitors will leave as fast as they came.

cool_78, Apr 7, 2008 IP