1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I bet nobody here makes > USD5,000 per month in Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006.

1. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi - I now know that people making > 5k/mth are in great numbers + some great tips shared so far = my objective achieved :)

There were 4 glorious months in my life where I made > 5k using non-WH techniques - I've come over to this side of the fence for good now. There's much to unlearn and relearn.

To whoever voted me back into the green - thanks so much!

dlcmh, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Well said. And IMHO very true.

There are some good posts here though, that shouldn't go unread.

It would be interesting to see a site planned and deployed thru promoted and earning, right from scratch somewhere on this forum. At the end of the day, I think a project like that is the only way to give people the insight they so often want (or have I missed that thread in this 10K amonth forum ;))

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fair enough...:D

I know! I've been trying to tell these Nasa people that for the longest time. Emails, phone calls, letters, nothing works....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

It would be interesting. It would be really hard IMO to start a site from scratch and make it into something really big without some resources. You would need to know HTML, and preferably PHP pretty well.

Having a network of sites to get the new one going would be helpful, along with some coop weight, content writers, etc.

It's not easy stuff, but not the hardest either, especially once you get started good.

Of course, you could just spend some $$$ to get this done..

MattEvers, Mar 19, 2006 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  4. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yes, but spending the dollars to get it done would only defeat the purpose ie full disclosure, so others could learn from it. From the strategy/planning stage, then the content sourcing, the optmization, the campaign (linking etc), the monetization, so on.

As for the html, php, backend, etc. That sort of thing is commonplace and easily addressed. What I'm really saying i suppose is it would be nice if there was an example that people could follow from the ground up without the bullshit that seems to permeate most SEO fora/communities.

An example that people could check and verify, step for step, of their own accord. An open book that doesn't leave the most obvious questions unanswered, a matter of speculation, or requiring a spend.

PS: A site doesn't have to be big to be an earner. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, it can be distilled to searches vs epc. I for example have a number of sites varying in size from around a million pages, thru just 10. Which one do you think makes the most ? ;)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have a good idea there. You should start something like this.. I would help out :D

6. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Lets face it most of these "How much do you make threads" are full of it. The people that make money don't talk about it and the ones that do are not "ALWAYS" telling the truth. Most people who do this for a living can tell who is full of it.... All forums by nature have people that embellish, this forum is no different. The threads that have polls are even more full of it since you can't look at a persons website to see if they could be telling the truth.

Most of the people here making any kind of money can look at a website and tell if and how much it makes. Its not hard.... You take the nitch, the traffic, the comp, rankings, page rank, SE Saturation, hype, and you can come up with an monthly earning and come close. Some are harder then others....

ConstantContent, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    almost there ;)

wwm, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Well said... what many people don't understand is most of the time it takes money to make money. Or if you don't have money, it takes time to make money.... and time is money to those that have money :)

9. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's why it becomes a lot easier to make it once you have it (money that is). The rich get richer, the poor... you know the rest. It's so true for most people. Being patient at the beggining to get a good start is the hardest part. After that, it's all downhill.

10. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the advice,
    So, all that means I just have to target the hilltop and after that simply slide :), but its too steep :D, isnt it?

SEO Guru, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  11. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how high you go. ;)

12. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:

Good for you!

My journey began only 17 months ago all because a site I paid someone to develop was “ugly”.

I started lurking in the forum first to get help with html. Then I started hearing about optimizing your site (SEO) so the search engine really understands what your content is about. Then get links pointing to your site from a few directories either paid or other

I started from scratch and did this it all myself. The best part is outsourcing the content writing. I do have enough on my hands.

After all that work I finally put adsense on my site. You are right that it takes time, but this is a process where the results bear fruit each and every month.

So here’s my recipe for success. This is a package deal and without one of these items you will not be as sucessful.

Unique content
    Traffic/Links
    SEO
    Digital Point!

corinaw, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  13. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO, earning 5k per month isn't that hard.

But earning 5k per month with only adsense alone would be a bit harder than you think you could, but not impossible. 5k per month is equal to 167 per day, which i think is fairly possible to achive if you have a site with many daily uniques and good google rankings.

Many DP-ers here do many more than 5K per month, needless to say there are some that make more than 10k per month. You will be amazed when those guys are not active members at all, they are just lurking. But they did it. Who will give away their money making secrets to others? :D

I just dont understand why in everyone is aiming at adsense only. There are way more (i mean much more) programs other than adsense could bring you more money with the same amount of visitors. (affiliates, bla bla)

However, different site (and people) have their own way of making money. It's up to the webmaster to find out the correct way to suit the website best.
    Try something new, and do not put all your eggs in one basket. :) You will be sorry if your basket falls.

Offtopic -

Actually, I can say that DP is the best forum that you can meet Top SEO-er and webmaster.

i cant deny that there are many forums out there (SP, WMW, SES, Seochat) that have great members. But I'm talking about the ratio of Pro to Noob (sry if i offended you). And I think DP maintained a good ratio of that. You will not read alot of those stupid threads in DP compared to other forums. (Although you can still see some of them once in a while in DP :D)

ashiezai, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  14. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    We have plenty of stupid threads. Just go hang out in general chat for a good laugh!

corinaw, Mar 19, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  15. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    It's wrong to try to generalize about what it takes to be successful with Adsense. I make well over $5000 a month from one web site that is a niche site and gets only a modest amount of traffic, although highly targeted traffic.

It's also difficult to determine what proportion of people are successful (>$5K/month, by your definition) because it's primarily the people are having difficulties and making only small amounts that come to forums like this to complain or seek help. The majority of people who are successful don't visit these forums. They have better things to do with their time. Therefore, you get a distorted picture of how well Adsense works.

ahearn, Mar 19, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  16. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Its not that hard looking at the websites in signatures or profiles... And I think your wrong about successful people don't visits forums. I think in order to be successful you have to keep up with things, if you don't your success will fall. Frankly I don't believe anyone that doesn't point to a website they own, many will says it because of competition, or privacy, but that's bull in my eyes :)

17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The "many sites" strategy hasn't worked for me. I just ended up with a bunch of low-quality low-traffic sites.

What has worked for me is focusing on fewer (two at the moment) really high-quality sites. I hope to add a third really good site some day. I may expand one of my existing low-performers, or I may develop a new idea.

The strategy of providing content that users want should net me $18k in AdSense revenue this month.

This is without page generators, cloaking, automation, PPC arbitrage, etc...

My "secret" is writing about things that interest me. Some secret, huh?

Will.Spencer, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  18. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Someone should have taken this guy up on his bet, since we all know how wrong he is ;)

forumbulge, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  19. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'll surely keep that in mind, :) after all, a Smart person is the one who learns from other's experiences and prevents blunders :cool:.
    Btw congrats for that huge amount , Lucky you.
    and yeah ofcourse I understand the only secret that most of the newbie adsensers miss out is choosing what interests them, instead they choose whats the trend, and ofcourse thats not what they are best at ;). Btw, the site in my siggie is my brother's site, I am just Promoting :D.
    Thanks

SEO Guru, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have made enough mistakes for everyone to learn from me. :D

Will.Spencer, Mar 19, 2006 IP