1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Tips And Strategies.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zafar Ahmed, Apr 6, 2008.

Link Building can be a tough job, sometimes frustrating, whether they are one way links or reciprocal. Yet this is something which cannot be ignored totally, link building is the core of SEO, it is the card to higher ranking.

Links are still the basic connector, and the only way for google to judge the websites importance. Much has been changed in Google’s algorithm, links which are non relevant are being devalued by google and putting much emphasis on trusted and relevant links, these are identified by “domain age” and ect.

This post will teach you few tips and strategies that can help you manage your link building campaign and achieve high PR links and relevant.

Reciprocal Links:

Reciprocal links are still a good way. However, do not make this your habit and make it as majority of your backlinks.

Links Age:

The age of your backlinks is important, go for permanent links and if you are renting, rent for as long as possible.

Free Links:

1. You will find CraigList to be cheap and free classified services.

2. It is good to answer to peoples’ question and provide a good resourceful link.

3. Submit stories to Digg.com and link it to an article to your site.

4. If you update your content regularly, people will syndicate your RSS content, some of these will provide links.

5. And the last one, forums signatures, yes. Forum signatures are known to be one of the free and best free links that you can get. However, make sure your posts are worth reading and based on quality.

Blog

Stat a blog on your website, update the blog, quality blog posts is what gets you the links.
    Comment on other blogs, few blogs are no follow and they are not good from an SEO point of view. However, if your comment is useful, they can provide direct traffic.
    And Do not forget to list your blog in blog director

Paid Blogging ( Reviews )

Blog review is when advertiser pays you to write a review on their business and services and posting on your blog with links to their website.
    Through this, you won’t get a link only but this will have the people read about your business and get to know what your business is all about.

Testimonials:

This is a new way to create backlinks. For example, if you have a web host, designer or even an SEO, write a positive testimonial to them and send it to them, they would love to publish it and put a link to your website.

Did you find this post helpful? I'd appreciate few greens :)

Original Post: Link Building Tips And Strategies

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed, Apr 6, 2008 IP
    ashisharora_83 and trichnosis like this.
  2. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    very helpful, thanks

cscott5288, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  3. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info, nice read :)

GameOver, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  4. kakakaka

kakakaka Banned

Best Answers:
    hey buddy thanks for good information

kakakaka, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  5. Breakaway11

Breakaway11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to knock you, but you copied this directly from your blog. This is duplicate content, and the search engines won't like it too much.

When doing article submissions (another great tool for building authority backlinks) you never want to directly copy something off of your website because it will be considered duplicate content.

Other than that, thanks for the testimonials idea.

Breakaway11, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  6. Kuriyaki

Kuriyaki Peon

Best Answers:
    Something even better that wouldn't bug me would be to copy a portion of your article here and ask users to continue reading on your website?

Kuriyaki, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  7. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for reminding me that. However, I have given a link to the original post, hence, I believe this won't be counted as duplicate post, I am sure Google bot is smart enough to find that.

Thank you all for your comments.

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  8. ashisharora_83

ashisharora_83 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm nice post... rep given.. the idea of craigslist is good one.. will surely use it...

Thanks...

ashisharora_83, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  9. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Ashish. I appreciate that.

Zafar Ahmed, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  10. Zmags_JD

Zmags_JD Peon

Best Answers:
    Good entry. It doesn't have to be that complicated.
    A single question is popping up: What is the weight of reciprocal links vs. a one way backlink? In the old days the reciprocal ones were gold, but is it sometimes better to skip exchanging links? And when?

Zmags_JD, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  11. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks
    nice ideas

jamuna, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  12. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it looks nice. i love reading about seo

trichnosis, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  13. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good question, I have heard that recipricol links have little to no value but I am not sure if thats true. It seems to me if both sites are of high quality, have trust and are of the same niche a recipricol link would help.

Does anyone know?

ninjashoes, Apr 7, 2008 IP