1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ever fooled Google?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by makeaprofit, Mar 18, 2006.

Hi lads,

This is my first post in the adsense section of forum.. I have a question for the people that really "know" adsense...

I have a site about X, but my keywords are really not paying me any good, `so I was wondering if there is people here that have "fooled" google to think that your site is about something else than it really is, f.ex "credit equity line"...?

I have written a few articles now, that I will show on my site, is there someting else I should remember..?

Lookin forward to hear from you :)

makeaprofit, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    fcmisc likes this.
  2. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    NEVER EVER fool Google. This is the perfect way to get a ban from the Adsense program. Never use hidden words,titles,metatags or content that does not pertain to the pages(human visible) content.

If your page doesn't pay well think about creating new pages instead. Then take the page that does not convert well and try and convince people they need to see your other(new high paying) page.

Or if you have quality traffic sources that can be changed and directed to the new pages you can do that, as well.

toomuch72, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  3. stockvault

stockvault Peon

Best Answers:
    Trying to fool google wont get you anywhere.
    Why not expand your website and add content that targets better paying keywords within your niche.

stockvault, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  4. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure how you'd trick the crawler without straying from the Webmaster Guidelines which is a required component of the Adsense Program Policies.

Aside from that, assuming for the moment that it were possible and that Google might not mind, that kind of defeats the purpose of targetted advertising, doesn't it? Say your site is about how orange juice is better than apple juice. Having ads about credit equity lines probably isn't going to generate you very many clicks. So even though you'd get more per click, you'd probably have very few clicks, and I don't know if it would make up for it in the long run.

If your site is remotely related to credit equity lines, then you probably could do a little keyword optimizing and get the ads you want. But if it's completely unrelated, I'm not sure how you're going to manage it, and I really would guess it's going to net you less in the end.

My thoughts anyway, maybe someone else has some input on the matter though.

jdi_knght, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  5. mendna

mendna Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I don't think it will be good to mess with Google or try to fool them such that your site "attract" high paying keywords. As you are not fooling google, but actually fooling the advertiser as they are the one paying for your "revenue"

Secondly, you should concentrate on your site contents rather than attract high paying words as say if you have a site on food but you trying to attract credits card ads, i doubt pple that comes to your site will be click on credit card ads as their interest will be on food (that's why they come to your site)

That's our humble opinion.

Best,
    MenDNA.com

mendna, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  6. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not so much a matter of fooling Google as tweaking your text to bypass Google's often restrictive word filters. If your site is about a topic that Google doesn't "approve" of then it's in your interest to alter your text to attract ads.

However, there's no point in straying off the topic, since the searchers on your site haven't come for anything too far removed from your site's topic.

Best just experiment. Fool Google – no way. Play the Google game – always.

Rod, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  7. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    The best that this strategy is going to get you are a few pages in your site with completely different articles that peratin to those specific articles. AdSense ads are supposed to be contextual. They analyze the individual page on which they appear and they adjust themselves accordingly. Change the page and change the ads.

There is no point in having ads about walking aids on a page about Halo. The people reading the page are not interested in the product. Equally, there is no pooint in manipulating things so that you get some of the highest paying clicks on a page in a website about something entirely different. Who, among your visitors, is going to go there. Unless you manipulate that.

Beyond that, why would you even want to do this.

Do you charge your visitors to look at your content? The answer is probably no. Are you trying to earn money with advertising? The answer is clearly yes.

If you think about it, you will realize that your real customer is the advertiser, because they are the only one paying you money. You are selling them your ability to attract the kind of people to your website who are going to be interested in their products. You are proposing to trick some other advertisers into thinking you have the kind of site they want to be associated with, when your site has nothing to do with them and the random clicks, while making you money, never generate positive results for your customers.

Your negative results, because of the mismatch between your visitors and the needs of your customers, is going to result in some kind of response from Google. Probably not one which results in you earning more money.

Google, as any good broker, is going to steer their best customers away from you -- one way or another.

clancey, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  8. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

You should really title this "How to get banned by trying to fool Google" Because for the person who tries this will eventually be banned. In your article you might consider asking them if it is worth the time and effort to do this only to have your account banned for doing something that is against the TOS. Giving up a lifetime of Income for a short term gain you many never receive if Google finds out (and they normally do) is just not worth it.

TheNetCode, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  9. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Always remember That
    "Google is the Big Daddy of The Internet in Future"
    So, if you are playing with it, you are playing with your future.
    Best of luck

SEO Guru, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  10. BWDOW

BWDOW Guest

Best Answers:
    You can make it with cloaking. Cloaking is against googles terms of service.

BWDOW, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  11. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't give him nasty ideas like this, he seems to be a Spammer wannabe.

12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and fool Google as long as you promise not to come in here whining after getting banned ;)

Blogmaster, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Fooling google has one in a gazillion chances of succeding... by this i mean actually getting a paycheck from them :p

Seiya, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  14. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    How about court summons? :D

Blogmaster likes this.
  15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Use the search function and you'll find plenty of people who "fooled" google... you'll also notice these people got banned from adsense. It's a bad idea and bad for the adwords advertisers who pay a lot of money for these ads.

ryan_uk, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  16. greatestmj

greatestmj Guest

Best Answers:
    I had tried to fool google once and that was my biggest mistake... i got banned... and now i think that why on earth did i ever try to do that

never ever do that!

greatestmj, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  17. makeaprofit

makeaprofit Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey lads,

.. And a BIG thanks to all replays :)

By fooling google I will actually, show an article about Credit Equity Line and studen loan consolidation in the bottom of every page, it will be readable to the visitors, I cant see anything wrong with that...?

I will also remove all my SEO for my site because my site is almost 100% refferal driven.. Is this possible to do?

Looking forward to hear from you again :)

Stig

makeaprofit, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  18. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's always best to send google an email and ask them if something is OK.

If you want pages to de-indexed from google then read Matt Cutt's blog - he mentions some ways to do this.

ryan_uk, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  19. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

See you on their banned list. They will find you out. Do us a favor and don't let us know when you get banned. Simply because we tried telling you and you simply will not listen.

I honestly do not care how smart you think you are in trying to fool them. They will get you eventually and then you are going to be like so many others and be upset about it.

All you would be doing is cheating the advertisers and many of us here are advertisers. Maybe and I say Maybe strongly - You will get some common sense and really consider what you are talking about doing to the very advertisers you are proposing this idea to.

If you cannot see anything wrong with this then you simply do not deserve your account and Google will make sure of this eventually.

TheNetCode, Mar 19, 2006 IP
    SEO Guru likes this.
  20. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    too many tried to cheat the system, nobody succeeded. i doubt you'll be the first.

devin, Mar 19, 2006 IP