1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transferring out of Name.com

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by eddy2099, Apr 5, 2008.

I've transferred two of my domain names from Name.com back to Namecheap.com and it has been about 6 days already and nothing has moved over yet.

My experience has been with other domain name registrar and after I submit the request for a transfer at the new registrar, I would get an email from the new registrar to confirm the transfer which I did. Then after a while, I would get an email from the away registrar to confirm the transfer and I am done. However, I have not received anything from Name.com and was wondering if this is normal, although in name.com, it did indicate that those domain names are pending being transferred out.

Thanks.

eddy2099, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  2. zelphics

zelphics Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never used name.com but It can take some time to transfer domain. I have had to wait up to 10 days with godaddy.

zelphics, Apr 5, 2008 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know but I was wondering if they would send an email to me to determine if I initiated the transfer.

Thanks.

eddy2099, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sometimes it takes a day or two and sometimes it can take a week or more. depending on from which register to which register you are transferring. i know name.com is slow as hell. if you initiated the transfer and entered the authorization code with namecheap, all you can do it to wait. you can also contact namecheap and see if they have any update.

i transferred few domains last year with different hosts and don;t think i got any emails regarding transfer initiation. but different hosts can have different policies

sultanofseo, Apr 5, 2008 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. That's what I figured. I did move from namecheap.com to godaddy and vice versa and each time I was prompted to confirm the transfer via email.

The name.com interface is too restrictive and their system is down too often and thus I want to move out of there as soon as I could.

I think I will drop name.com an email to see if there is any hold ups.

eddy2099, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  6. NoxServices

NoxServices Banned

Best Answers:
    I use name.com and have no problem with them.

Normally transfer takes 1-2 days not more then that.

Please conform that the domain on which email you transfered it the same email id of your namecheap account.

I dont have more knowledge about it but when i Googled this problem i found one result in which the sender sent to wrong email id and thus it showed Transfer Pending as the email id owner to which he sent dint accepted the domain so please do check all your activities and then email them may be the problem on your side.

NoxServices, Sep 16, 2008 IP