1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banner ads or text ads?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by SportsOutlaw, Dec 26, 2004.

Is there any benefit to banner ads over text ads?

SportsOutlaw, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  2. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Or the placement of the ads? top vs. bottom on a forum?

SportsOutlaw, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive tried both on my site, and it seems that text ads are clicked more than banner ads.

As for top vs bottom, people HAVE to view the top, while people dont HAVE to scroll down all the way to the bottom.. so somewhere twoards the top is best.

Again, this is just personal experiences, your visitors/site probably will act differently than mine ;)

Josh

Josh, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  4. dentalplans

dentalplans Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer text ads because people can read them before clicking and it increases the response rate after clicking. Banners, unless they are amazing looking have a low click-through rate and a horrible conversion. That's for our product though.
    Thanks,

dentalplans, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  5. ImVickieB

ImVickieB Berserker

Best Answers:
    I think text links are better. Too many isps provide the tools to block banner ads now a days and it seems that people have become blind to the typical 486 x 60 ads and skyscrapers down the side of the pages seem to be hitting the blind spots too. If you can get straight text links (not going through an ad tracking program) going to your site, you get the benefit of the search engines picking up on the anchor text which could help with your search engine placement.

ImVickieB, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  6. dentalplans

dentalplans Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with VickieB. Problems is it's hard to find sites that will put up your text link and/or banner with a straight link to your site. They always want to run it through a redirect for tracking purposes. :(

dentalplans, Dec 27, 2004 IP