1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hostgator or Dreamhost - Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by carl_in_florida, Aug 7, 2007.

1. hostgator

hostgator Peon

Best Answers:
    Bryce I just responded to your fraudulent billing post you linked to. All you need to do is provide me with your cancellation ticket number, and I'll give you 5x every penny you have ever paid us. If you don't have a ticket number that means you never filled out the cancellation form. Anyone that contacts us via phone, ticket system, or chat is given this link when they ask to cancel. It is also easily found in our knowledgebase.

Please send me a pm if you don't have the cancellation number, and I'll be happy to work something out with you upon verifying you weren't using the account.

Fewleftstanding if you can send me a pm with what site you want the ssh access on I'll get this taken care of for you.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
    brent aka hostgator owner

hostgator, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Brent. Nice phone conversation we had. After explaining that your companies growth vs. hiring competent employees I fully understand your situation...

Thank you Brent for taking the time to deal with one little customer like me. I truly appreciate the attention to details that you (as owner of the company with over 700,000 accounts) afforded me....

Brent is a world class businessman and he lives up to his word regardless of how busy he is. We spoke for almost an hour about Linux, Cpanel, killing spam and DDOS and I must say Brent is totally up on his knowledge of his customers needs and the technical side of things.

After my phone conversation with Brent, I'd humbly suggest anybody intending to do business with HG, do it "straight up" and don't punk his systems. The reason the problems I had with HG were because of rampant fraud against his company at the time tied to enormous growth and the burden of staffing employees who value a good paying job with a company on the move.

Otherwise, the bandwith is prime, support is great on the first tier, and Brent is in the process of developing "in house" solution to meet his growing business requirements. Had I spoken directly to Brent when my issue arose, there would have been no problems, but it's tough on hosting company owners to rely on staff to make the right decisions.

And FYI, Brent not only refunded me the overbilling after our conversation, he refunded me my entire HG biling for the year I had great service from them so I will return the favour by running HostGator ads for free (noth just becaus we're both from the Sunshine State).

HostGator gets big thumbs up from me. I have two dedicated servers with PEER1, and my next dedicated will be with HostGator. They're on The Planet backbone, comparable to PEER1 and I'll definitely bring my next dedicated server up with HostGator...

I'm man enough to eat my previous words and after my end experience with HG, I can only say, a hosting company owner who bothers to call you on your cell and chat like a friend (I would have spoken longer except my cell drops connections when I go in the house, and I was out in my garage dripping sweat during the conversation) but Brent seriously impressed me with his knowledge, personality, dedication and intelligence of the hosting market).... and I've been in the hosting business since 1993 and have sold two hosting companies with over 10K accounts in the past, so I can tell th real deal from some shady enterprise.

Even though the big monster corporation hosting companies are interested in buying HG out, Brent is very open about the fact he will remain independent.

Watch for my interview with Brent on my blog. It will shed a lot of light into this questionable market that Brent is trying to solidify...

Bryce, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  3. InfiniteTech

InfiniteTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both Suck Big Time

InfiniteTech, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  4. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:

You know, comments like what you've just left are pretty lame. If you have a problem with a company, why not just write more than four words to express your point..

In my opinion, you suck big time - because you can't even verbalise your complaints or reasons why you're stating what you have stated... You're just another troll with nothng useful to offer....

besides that, people who leave comments such as yours are just dorks who can't construct a sentence.

Bryce, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  5. Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They both suck.

I find dreamhost very slow... and i mean very... but hostgator have cPanel, but they still suck. I like to go with private / not popular companies because they offer you more and are faster.

Big companies just treat you as a paying customer. While private companies honour you for helping them succed in their business :)

Agent_Smith, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  6. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:

Sorry, this post is just pathetic, sounds like someone took you to the candy store, then someone licked your ass, then you lick someones ass.

However, I recommend hostgator, never use dreamhost. The dreamhost control panel stinks from here to the moon by the way.

login, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    You do know you can express your opinion without using such negativity and rude, crude comments such as you have. In reality, you are the one who is pathetic because your only mission in life is to spread negativty like you are doing...

and btw, you'r blog looks like something a third grader designed... especially this crap....

[​IMG]

Give me a break. Shouldn't you be off to elementary school ? Oh, I forgot, it's the summer, all you little children are off for summer vacation...

Text on your kiddie directory (http://www.allaboutsearch.info/) - What, did you mommy and daddy in Norway pay the $1.99 for the .info domain regisration for you 13th birthday ?

Stop playing around with adults before you mommy catches you and spanks you.

Bryce, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  8. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, ok, yet another SEO expert and directory owner heard from - You do know you're pathetic little PR4 directories are finished. Google is dumping all of you copycat losers.... Goodness, what are you going to do to make the $20 per month so you can buy a few six packs of beer and maybe an ecstacy tab oe two....

oh, sorry, you're from Mumbai Maharashtra,400059 India - we all know how good you SEO's from India are. that's why the US outsources it's $3 per hour grunt work to your country at 1/5oth the rate a US programmer would get paid... btw.... I find this hilarious on this on your site

are the 23 staff members your 9 sisters and 8 brothers and your mom and dad and a few cows who can lick the keyboard ??? You're a liar... You don't have 23 employees. You just made that crap up, so you know what, Shut up.... Borat

Bryce, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bryce, you are a very funny man when making a fool of yourself :D

You was a Hostgator hater and then Hostgator paid you some money and now you are their personal prostitute, nothing but a whore that are flaming people on behalf of Hostgator. I am sure that "brent aka hostgator owner" loves you now..... NOT!

This is why I love internet, you meet all kinds of people.

login, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  10. heinlein99

heinlein99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez, what a negative thread.

I've been using Dreamhost for 3 years now, and am very happy with them.

heinlein99, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  11. stickysnail

stickysnail Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how this Bryce guy is so down on hostgator. If thats his blog he keeps saying that hostgator is just a bunch of kids. You seem very childish yourself Mr.
    I know someone that works at hostgator and they are very serious about there job. Seems like you are just an angry grouch with nothing better to do than complain. LOL!

Just had to edit this post to say a few more things. This Bryce guy seems like a racist bigot. He deserves to have problems with hosting. He his shame to the human race.

stickysnail, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    login likes this.
  12. storeskin

storeskin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hostgator is much better

storeskin, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. cleanwater

cleanwater Banned

Best Answers:
    I love hostgator.com,just feel hostgator is much better,they provide good customer service.

cleanwater, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  14. haomie

haomie Peon

Best Answers:
    This is one hilarious thread :D

haomie, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  15. jackass2007

jackass2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes you so happy to bump 8 months old thread :rolleyes:

jackass2007, Apr 3, 2008 IP
    login likes this.
  16. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good question :D But the thread is funny :)

login, Apr 4, 2008 IP
    jackass2007 likes this.