1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyright Infringement

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Blitz, Mar 17, 2006.

Someone's stolen content from my website and is posting it on his website, which breaks all my TOS along with copyright laws. The problem is that he's done the same thing to other sites and even took the content down after fears he may be prosecuted, but now he's put it back up and I don't feel a 'Cease and Desist' email will have any effect.

What else can I do? Everything else I see seems to require me to send physical mail somewhere and wait 6 months.

Blitz, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  2. Jufcy8200

Jufcy8200 Banned

Best Answers:
    How much content did he/she take?

Jufcy8200, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  3. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of the 600 or so articles, 100 so far. The only reason they haven't taken more yet is because of time issues I think, and they don't have the skills to code a proper ripper. I'm pretty sure they'll keep increasing it.

Blitz, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  4. dj1471

dj1471 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first step I think is to ask nicely - you never know, it might just work (especially if, as you say, he's worried about getting sued). If it doesn't, then you can complain to their host (if they're in the US, you can file a DMCA notice with them and also with Google to stop them indexing the content). If after doing all this nothing has got the content taken down, then it's time to see a solicitor and have them send a formal cease and desist letter for you.

dj1471, Mar 18, 2006 IP