1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10's of thousands of Women turning to Islam

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ThraXed, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    You can already start to see the shift happening with there people living in tents in LA, and loads of people moving to the gulf in qatar, saudi arabia, UAE, malaysia and bahrain for better business oppertunities and lifestyle.

ThraXed, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  2. sheilasultani

sheilasultani Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand the tunnel vision - muslim woman are the only ones beaten? Here is a very interesting article for you Islamaphobes,

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=10257

You make so many statements of fact against Muslims, I would really like to know what your credentials are. (MBA, PHD) Have you studied Islam (I'm not talking about you flipping through a book and coming up with your own interpretations)? Have you ever lived with Muslims? Do you have any experiences at all that would give some weight to your statements. You just keep repeating the same false statements over and over again. Who are you trying to convince? I googled "man beats wife" and "Man kills wife", it's amazing how many of these cases ARE NOT Muslim woman, how do you explain this? I've been married to a muslim for 11 years and he has never laid a hand on me or his kids, not once.

Maybe your time would be better spent defending the poor non-muslim women in Europe

http://www.ethiomedia.com/abai/couple_homicide.html
    http://archive.gulfnews.com/world/United_Kingdom/10198522.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=504475&in_page_id=1770
    http://www.uk-airport-news.info/gatwick-airport-news-300607a.htm
    http://www.lineofduty.com/content/view/93428/128/

sheilasultani, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It says to me that our countries have freedom of choice and religion and that anyone and everyone is allowed to choose his or her own life style. You won't get beheaded or shot if you covert.

wisdomtool, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  4. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With the exception of Saudi Arabic, Islamic countries allow people to live their own religion. Some examples:

• Egypt — Religions: Muslim 90%, Coptic 9%, other Christian 1%
    • Indonesia — Religions: Muslim 86.1%, Protestant 5.7%, Roman Catholic 3%, Hindu 1.8%, other or unspecified 3.4%
    • Pakistan — Religions: Muslim 97%, other (includes Christian and Hindu) 3%

As for Saudi Arabia (especially Mecca), this is the sole home for Muslims and you will need to be a Muslim to enter this country only. This is to remove unnecessary problems such as spys, people against Islam etc.

For instance, if you want to go to the army camp where the soldiers are being taught and where all the plans and such are going on etc, you will need to be joined to the army to access this area. Otherwise there will be no reason for you to be there (unless you wanna cause problems for them), hence they will decline you're entry.

A non-muslim can enter any other country freely, in fact he or she may enter a Muslim mosque freely without any problems. As for the muslim-only place where muslims go to complete their pilgrimage, this is strictly for the muslim lot. Forced conversions are not allowed in Islam altogether so Saudi Arabic won't start forcing any time soon (unless their going against the basis of the religion itself).

I'm not sure if that quite makes sense to you all but I'm not too good with my explanations, sorry :D

DiscJockey, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  5. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Really. If you convert to Islam in a muslim majority country you won't get shot or beheaded either.

ThraXed, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What i actually said is people do lots of stupid things, The point being that the number of people doing something isn't an indication of how good it is. That makes perfect sense.

stOx, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is this observation based on personal experience?

guerilla, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  8. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So islam is paranoid? Who or what force would have spies against islam?

debunked, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  9. mythbuster08

mythbuster08 Peon

Best Answers:
    How can a religion suffer from "spies"???

In most army camps you will find many who are NOT in the army. It might either be civil personal, relatives, contractors, ...
    Though it's a quite strange analogy to compare the "home of the muslims" with an "army training camp".

mythbuster08, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  10. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about Vatican ? Can anyone post which religouse followers are living there ?

ziya, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ummm... probably the catholics since that is a catholic place. I don't even know if people live in the vatican. But I guess I really don't care.

Does that have something to do with a whole country like Saudi Arabia? If it does I missed your point. I actually first thought that you posted in the wrong thread.

debunked, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  12. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is your criteria? what is good?

pizzaman, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  13. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are trying to dig yourself an argument for no reason. Saudi Arabia is the home for the muslim lot; you go there to complete the pilgrimage. If you're not a muslim I don't really see much point in you being there; it's a simple concept. If you wanna learn more about the religion head for your local mosque, no need to go to the country.

As for spies and those who want to cause disruptions, they exist almost every where. Why is it on DP, you find people attacking Christianity, Islam and other religions without have knowledge of it. If you wanna complete your pilgrimage then head to saudi arabia, otherwise there isn't any reason for you to be there (It's not exactly the best tourist attraction place).

I'm referring to spies in the country. If you're not there for a purpose, why would need to be there?

If you're an industry, contractor, oil guy or some group that wants to make some sort of deal, you can enter the country. But once your done with what you wanted, you have to leave.

DiscJockey, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  14. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Source BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4865818.stm

You are right, you may not be shot or beheaded, I do not know how Afghanistan execute its prisoners.

wisdomtool, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  15. mythbuster08

mythbuster08 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you would describe the Vatican like this, you probably would be true. But than you talk about an area of less than a square mile and less than 1000 inhabitants. And the whole thing is purely religious.
    Or do you want to say, that Saudi Arabia is ONLY religious? They don't do any other business? There are many reasons for people (permanently) moving to other countries and religion is usually a more rare one. Being in the oil business would be a good reason to move to UAE for example. And what is with married couples, where one comes from UAE and the other one does not?

And? Does any religion "suffer" from such kind of attacks?

16. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims working in Saudi Arabia. The only two cities, of Mecca and Medina, don't allow Non-Muslims to enter, coz they are purely religious cities, where people all over the world come for pilgrimage.

DiscJockey made a small eror in claiming threat non-muslims are not allowed in the whole of Arabia...

gauharjk, Apr 3, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  17. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I can expect and respect that, Mecca and Medina being two of the holiest sites of Islam.

18. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why aren't Muslims free to convert to other religions?

TO know this, you have to understand the history of Islam. I recommend watching the movie "The Message"

Islam grew in a hostile environment, and faced continuous threats of extinction and war. So, once a man joins the Muslims, and accepts the religion, he becomes a part of the family.

There were instances at that time in Arabia, when a number of people changed allegiance, and reverted back to their pagan religion. This caused a huge defeat in a battle, resulting in the loss of hundreds of Muslims.

It was plain and simple -- BETRAYAL

So, it was decided, that though there is no compulsion in religion, and no one can be forced to become a Muslim, BUT, once a Muslim, he cannot betray his brothers. He cannot leave his brothers stranded in a battle-field. That rule still stands.

That is why, in most Islamic countries, a Muslim cannot convert.

gauharjk, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  19. mythbuster08

mythbuster08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Who would object? Though I always thought, it's usually helpfull if people from different religions meet on each others "holy" areas to show their respect for the other faith. If muslims think that it best shows your respect not entering that places, so be it. Though I doubt that this advances the relations of the different religions.

20. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I guess there may be fears that outsiders, especially tourists who do not understand the cultures and the various aspects of Islam may do things that desecrate the Holy places. There are a lot of other ways of advancing the relationships between the different religions, one is to respect what they respect and not to do what is forbidden by the religion in their sacred cities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.