1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about IBL's

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by General Grant, Dec 24, 2004.

General Grant, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    exam, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  3. dentalplans

dentalplans Peon

Best Answers:
    I have always understood the ? and = to foul things up. We have thousands of affiliates links pointing to our site and they are generally NOT counted as our backlinks.
    Thanks,

dentalplans, Dec 25, 2004 IP
  4. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt say that the ?'s and ='s screw things up. I just think the SE's like static URLs better. I have plenty of sites that have dynamic URLs indexed though.

hightide13, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  5. dentalplans

dentalplans Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's right...Google will index the pages with those extra characters from what I've seen. But they do seem to filter our aff tracker urls quite a bit, but some do count for us...I heard at Webmaster World 7 that indexing to your interior pages is good as well...I would make sense that it would help the ranking of that page and any page linked out from there, but I guess your main index page has to be in nice shape before you worry about the inner pages of the site. My 2 cents worth..

dentalplans, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know you are with CJ, Evan ... which is a good choice for anyone that wants his program to take off quickly.

Now imagine all those links counting as BL's. There is software out there which let's you use your homepage url and then adds a tracking code in addition.

Blogmaster, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  7. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    >> I wouldnt say that the ?'s and ='s screw things up. I just think the SE's like static URLs better. I have plenty of sites that have dynamic URLs indexed though.

It's nothing to do with the fact that G likes static more than dynamic. Alot of the problems with dynamic URL's is simply the id= as Google is seen to think this is a session Id and take longer or not index these pages.

I have over 4,000 dynamic pages which have being indexed fine simply because I have stayed away from the id=

DarrenC, Dec 27, 2004 IP