1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boycott Google! 10 Reasons To BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

Discussion in 'Google' started by jquindlen, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is a better search engine

Caesar1, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I love google.

homebizseo, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  3. FUNNYBIRD

FUNNYBIRD Peon

Best Answers:
    Boycott Google! 10 Reasons To BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

Here is My Two Cents

NO WAY,NO WAY and NO WAY :D

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE OR BOYCOTT THE GOOGLE SUPER POWER

WE THE PEOPLE KNOW THAT 'ALL search engines FOLLOWS GOOGLE FREE TRAFFIC':)

I am new in SEO games however
    OK, that might be a little harsh, but YOU DON;T HAVE 2ND OPTION AFAIK other YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEXT 5-10 YEARS FOR NEW SUPER POWER:D

FUNNYBIRD, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  4. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "ePhase"

You replied to a 7 months old thread :)

angilina, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  5. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So did you.......:)

-boxer126

boxer126, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  6. ForumFocus.net

ForumFocus.net Banned

Best Answers:
    I love Google. They have done no harm to me or my sites so I have nothing against them.

ForumFocus.net, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  7. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if they did harm my sites, I would like to think they had good reasons to. The fact that people can't like the world's most honest search engine is a shame for them.. Google is the best! And if they keep it up, there will be no competitor to it. Damn straight.

godsofchaos, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  8. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, who bumped the 263 or so days old thread :D

astup1didiot, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  9. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My thought is to follow the rules for Ad Sense and don't try to scam Google.

And with Gmail's "spyware" if you can call it that, just scams a few words in your email. Ever use Hotmail without adBlock? Good luck! There are tons and tons of ads on there in comparison to the very few ads Google serves to support the costs of their email client. MySpace's text ads are similar to Google's as it scans your profile to feed ads to you. Spyware? Hardly. Does it do harm? No, not really. It's called Ad Sense, we're pretty much all familiar with it.

The Toolbar. Like you said. Opt in. If you don't want a toolbar don't download it. If you download it as part of a software package, uninstall it. It's not hard.

Proxy sites are shady anyway and are pretty much used for fraud. I don't feel bad for webmasters listed there.

I trust Yahoo search far less than Google. I trust Yahoo as a company far less than google. How about the fact that they publish your Yahoo Instant Messenger address... the only IM company out of Gmail, MSN, and AOL to do that without your permission. And IM users not on your list can message you.
    Their toolbar is far more invasive and spammy.

Google has helped me out far more than ever hurt me. I've never got banned from AdSense. Perhaps that's because I FOLLOW THE TOS.

melbel, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  10. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you're getting at. It can all be taken away from me at their behest at any moment because there is no other choice. The fact is, there are other choices, they just suck. Besides, I'll continue providing quality content sites and I'll continue to rank well and I'll continue to gain traffic. Once Google decides to act retarded and ruin their company by kicking out quality sites, I'll rely on a different engine. But I'm not about to start doing that now.

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I don't know what recent "Government OK" you're talking about. Providing a link or some information would be helpful.

And my comparison was for the sake of argument. I wasn't claiming any of the food chains to be monopolistic, I'm just saying, to boycott their services wouldn't make sense. I guess boycotting Google just doesn't make sense to me. Google is, hands down, the best search engine out there. I'm just wondering why everyone's so upset about that?

Just so I understand and since nobody really did this, why not list the possible hazards if they are a monopoly?

The only thing I really saw that was a monopolistic move is telling webmasters they can't sell links. The only thing people don't realize is YOU CAN SELL LINKS. Just include the rel="nofollow" tag and you're good. They're cutting down on big budget sites buying links to increase their SERPs. Personally, I like it. I can't purchase thousands of dollars in links to boost my rankings. PR can't (and shouldn't) be sold, traffic can.

And as far as being sold to advertisers goes, don't we all watch a little TV? Television stations provide free content and sell your views to advertisers. The more data collected in a region or time slot, the more targeted the ads. I see nothing wrong with that. We all see the "Hoveround scooters" commercials when watching "The Price Is Right". That's because they know mostly old people are watching. Or the lawyer commercials during "Jerry Springer"....same concept. Actually, sounds a lot like what we webmasters do when we serve ads...........

-boxer126

boxer126, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  11. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's search engine algo or quality is focused for end users.. not webmasters.. no wonder most webmasters who only focuses on making quick money hates google. If a webmaster truly does his work for the end user and not for himself, (I can boldly say I do!) there is no goddamn way to hate google. A revolution against google? Hah! I say google is the revolution!! Realize it.

godsofchaos, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  12. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    You must understand anybody can jump on the niche of a search engine, so you can’t shout Google owns the internet, they’re the most popular search engine, got another popular search engine? Yahoo, Google isn’t the gateway search engine, just another search engine. These points are biased and therefore stupid. I don’t see any sensible logics in those, Google earned it’s way up, YOU, and ME could do that!

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  13. Arcades247

Arcades247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google to big for their boots, orginally they were the kool kid on the block, now its just another corporate satan type monopoly. I mean you have that four eyed prick Matt Cutts telling webmasters they can't sell links? Sorry but what the hell, if web masters wan't to make money from their own inventory and site that is their preference not Google's. Another thing is they favour companies that spend big with their adsence. Look at first page for "car insurance", and most of those sites buy links, yet never get kicked off? I don't think Google knows its ass from its elbow :)

Arcades247, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  14. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some good points in here,
    but most of us won't can't get away from google

- google.com is still the most relevant search engine
    - gmail.com is the best free email (even if I occasionally find a few good emails in SPAM)
    - analytics is the best free web statistics
    - adsense pays (some) most of us
    - you can still sell links (if the money you get are more than adsense gives you)

Chios, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  15. attick

attick Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds good to me

attick, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  16. msconfig

msconfig Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Information
    Thank you

msconfig, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  17. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very true statement. What it all boils down to is that Google only makes money from selling the advertising real estate. They don't really care about the SEO, or anything else other than selling ad space.

The traffic I get from MSN Live search and Yahoo actually converts about 70% better than the traffic I get from Google

motoxxx, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  18. bentudd

bentudd Guest

Best Answers:
    Google pays me every month, why should I hate em?

bentudd, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  19. e_bayers@yahoo.com

e_bayers@yahoo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    That why i dont care about PR or if google ban my link. That what most torrent website is. People worry too much google blocking. It like Google is their father or something. Without google, there cant eat. Boycott google and ebay.

e_bayers@yahoo.com, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  20. cnwelf

cnwelf Peon

Best Answers:
    i can not agree any more

cnwelf, Apr 3, 2008 IP