1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a mod to take a look at this please.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by gnatfish, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello

I started an auction on Sunday for a website bids were made etc then at the end of the auction on Monday i pm'ed the highest bidder, saying they were the highest bidder but can they prove to me they are legitimate (paypal verified, references etc) Since they joined that day, and had 4 posts and no iTrader.

The pm i received back wasn't so reassuring.

After a few more pms i decided against selling to this person since i did not trust them, which i thought was perfectly within my rights to do. So went ahead with the transaction with a trusted member of DP for exactly the same price.
    ingridk.

The deal went ahead smoothly with no troubles, iTrader was exchanged and it was done. However i then received a bad rating in iTrader from the person i refused to sell to, basically saying i refused to sell to them, which was simple because they inspired no faith in me. So now i have 2 ratings from the same auction, one of them invalid.

I don't see how i have done anything wrong, and would like to know what to do? I have reported the invalid rating, is that all i can do?

Regards
    Nathan

gnatfish, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  2. e = mc²

e = mc² Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have mentioned in your post that new members can only buy using Escrow or something like that im my opinion.
    Thanks,
    e = mc²

e = mc², Apr 1, 2008 IP
  3. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    actualy since the deal never happen and he didn't lost anything why he would give bad itrader to other. actually he should understand that he is new and not really trustable (even he really is). I just can say you got a bad luck. just move on and you still can explain to other why you got that negative one.

tradeya, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  4. e = mc²

e = mc² Peon

Best Answers:
    He did lose the domain. I don't know anything else about this... let a Mod review the situation.
    Thanks,
    e = mc²

e = mc², Apr 1, 2008 IP
  5. gnatfish

gnatfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies.

He didn't actually loose anything. Nothing was exchanged, no money, no files. He simple gave me bad iTrader because i decided not to sell to him, seeing as i did not trust him. Which i thought was well within my rights, and seemed to be the thing that is recommended on here, to research into the buyer/seller.

Regards
    Nathan

gnatfish, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  6. e = mc²

e = mc² Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant he lost an opportunity to get the website.
    Thanks,
    e = mc²

e = mc², Apr 1, 2008 IP
  7. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that the mods will get do anything because they don't get involved in members' disputes.

This does not look like itrader abuse because it appears that the member was involved in the thread and the deal but that the OP changed his mind about dealing with that person. If the member feels that the seller reneged on the deal, he can send negative itrader.

TikTok, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Mods don't get involved in your personal business.

jhmattern, Apr 1, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.