1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check Problems

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SonHouse, Mar 14, 2006.

My checks continue to be made out to my user name, even though I've updated all account information months ago. I tried to deposit my check today and they practically ran me out of the bank, so I called YPN just now, and was told to send the check back to their accounts payable dept. and they would cut a new one within 48 hours.

I've read a few posts here and it looks like that doesn't work so well. Has anyone here had this problem and if so, did you have any success with sending the check back and getting a new one? I have a feeling I'm about to send the check back and will never see a new one....

SonHouse, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  2. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had this problem myself, but I do know of a friend who has been bouncing checks back and forth for the last few months. You might want to straighten things out before you send anything back.

thame, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  3. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just go register a trade name for like $40 and save yourself the trouble?

S2X, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  4. ToBad

ToBad Member

Best Answers:
    You need to put your name in the Company Name box or the check will sent out in your username.

ToBad, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  5. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    hey sonhouse,

you need to change the information in the tax information page.

keikor, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  6. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I have ran across a few people with this issue. It as they stated. They normally do not have the correct information filled out. If you are a sole propieter then you must use your name in place of the company. Also make sure that your tax info is correct. If not you are going to keep having this issue. Good luck let us know.

TheNetCode, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  7. pkchukiss

pkchukiss Peon

Best Answers:
    Shouldn't Yahoo automatically ask the publisher for a valid name when the time to cash out the check comes? So far, if my information is still correct, banks only accept checks made out to the account whose name tallies with the one on the check.

Making and crossing a check to a user name is therefore obviously an illogical way to do things.

pkchukiss, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  8. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

Not if the information used is your online business name. They will automatically assume it is how you wish your checks to be made out. If they were to ask everyone this your checks would take 3 months to get to you. It is your responsibility to ensure you read the directions for filling out your information correctly. While sometimes they do make mistakes it is normally the person who filled out the information to begin with.

TheNetCode, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  9. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    Has anybody sent a check back to YPN?

How long did it take you to get the new one?

wentworth, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  10. SonHouse

SonHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    I received my first check back in December and the check was made out to my login name, I thought that might be a problem so I updated all tax and business name information at that time. Even after making those changes, the checks still continued to come in my login name. My bank has taken previous checks, I guess they didn't notice, but the other day, I had 3 different people looking things over and eventually left the bank with the check.

I called Yahoo and talked with a rep who told me to mail it back which I did yesterday via FedEx, so they should get it today. I've been tracking the package and it is in San Jose this morning. Also, I emailed and heard from another rep, 2 times, that said they changed the payee info to reflect my name for future payments and my check will be back in my hands within 10 days of them receiving it, so I'll keep everyone posted and let you know if and when I get the re-issued check.

SonHouse, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  11. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    sonhouse,

what i requested and got is an email that says the future check will be in the correct name. then you have some "proof" that hopefully the changes have been made. you can ask the ypn rep to email you which they will. then you will have it in "writing."

of course they are playing the "beta" card and saying they cant be 100% sure the corrections will be reflected in the "accounting" department since its another department from the reps...

wentworth, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  12. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

Now that gives you confidence. Must be hard for them to give the info to the right department :rolleyes: I hate when employees pawn it off to another department instead of just saying let me get this info to the right people and take care of it for you.

TheNetCode, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  13. SonHouse

SonHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    wentworth,

yeah..I actually printed out the first email that they sent and included it with the check and a formal letter requesting the changes in writing, so I think I have complied fully to their request...we'll see if it all works out.

The strange thing about all this is that the changes I had made on my tax info and business name info, never seemed to take effect. I recall doing it a number of times, so who knows.

Did you ever have to send a check back?

14. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    No I have been lucky enough myself to not have to go through this. YET. You never know when the next big problem is going to happen.

15. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks to the terrorists, my bank will no longer accept checks in other names so i will have to send check back.

looks like fed ex will be getting $25 for me too.:rolleyes:

16. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP:

They make the mistake and you have to pay? That is like rubbing salt into an open wound.

17. SonHouse

SonHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    wentworth,

Sorry to hear, sounds like we have the same problem. I'll let you know what happens with my check. I plan on tracking the process and will post here as I go along.

I just checked the FedEx site and my check was delivered this morning at 8:51am..so, we'll see what happens next. According to them, the re-issued check should be cut within 48 hours so it may be tomorrow but probably will be Monday before they cut it and mail it.

18. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    YPN hides behind the "beta" excuse, but they are in busniess so they shold still do a good job. i plan to send both of my checks back fri or mon.

they say the april check should have correct name on it.

19. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not being mean, but this is really ridiculous.

It took me 3 1/2 months to get this problem fixed with YPN.

The checks were returned 1 month. It took another 14 weeks of excuses from them before getting the corrected checks and future checks with the correct information.

Hopefully, the process is faster. They never sent me an email, until just before the problem was fixed. So, maybe, you are in good shape if they sent you an email saying the problem is fixed.

It bugs me too when employees deflect responsibility by saying it's not their department (hence, it's not their problem).

PioneerGold, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  20. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's the worst part of YPN support. I often have my problems rerouted and detoured until I forget what they were.

thame, Mar 16, 2006 IP