1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here is Some More Affiliate Tips For PPC Advertising

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by eroker, Mar 30, 2008.

Alright so you got some traffic, how the hell do get your visitors to convert?

First off lets start with describing what kind of traffic we have. Is our traffic targeted? If not I'm going to say one thing... the chances of you making a sale without targeted traffic are very slim.

In my opinion there are 2 types of targeted traffic

1. This type of targeted traffic is the kind thats... extremely targeted. For example lets say I am promoting a workout program called Turbulence Training.

If I am a future customer I am not going to search for Truth About Abs, Atkins Diet, Best Workout Programs, or Cardio Workouts. I am going to search for things like this

Turbulence Training Program
    Turbulence Training
    Turbulence Training Review
    Turbulence Training Scam
    etc...

This is extremely targeted traffic, and you can expect your conversions to be much sweeter when you do it this way. It may cost more to bid on these type of keywords, but understand your probably going to make at least 1 sale/cost of product. That one sale should break yourself even. When you do it this way YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY. SPENDING MORE = Gaining More.

Most of the people that say they make 1k/day usually spend about 200-300 dollars/day.

2. This is another type of targeted traffic, however its cheaper. Lets say I do search for Best Workout Programs, Workout Programs, Ab Workouts, Cardio Workouts (any fitness related keywords that may make people interested in Turbulence Training that do not have TURBULENCE TRAINING IN THE KEWYORD)

Bid on the fitness keywords that cost less than .06-.10 cents. There are times when I have made 3 sales within 400 hits from google. Turbulence Training gives me like 26 dollars/sale.

I spent $30 on advertising, and made about $80 in sales.

Thats $50 profit, now imagine what I make when I spend $100/day.. get the picture? The more you spend the more you make(you have to take that risk)

PS. When you create targeted keywords like i mentioned earlier ....

Turbulence Training Program
    Turbulence Training
    Turbulence Training Review
    Turbulence Training Scam

Make sure they are in EXACT TAGS Below

[Turbulence Training Program]
    [Turbulence Training]
    [Turbulence Training Review]
    [Turbulence Training Scam]

Why should you do this?

Well for one your ad will only show if those exact keywords are entered into a search.

Want to know what happens when you don't do this?

Well from experience I noticed that I was getting hits from Torrent Sites (thats if your on the search network)
    SO people were searching for

Turbulence Training Torrent
    Turbulence Training Free
    Turbulence Training Warez etc..

Make sure you use exacts! Or just turn off the search network.

If your interested in reading more on tips and tricks for things like affiliate marketing check out my Affiliate Marketing Guide

eroker, Mar 30, 2008 IP
    SitPoMk and bunch like this.
  2. Yordi

Yordi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks man :)

Yordi, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  3. WilsonA

WilsonA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips, for the second part of the targeted traffic are you doing

direct linking to the merchants site? I know there is no way you can

do that for the first part though

WilsonA, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eroker, these are golden tips for PPC advertisers :)

Similar things are written in Day Job Killer ebook, which costs almost $100, but you are giving out these tips for free

Well done!

agbeyegbe

Why not? You can use direct linking with those keywords. Just target you traffic to your landing page - review of the product.

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  5. eroker

eroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can direct link on both, and for the second part.. yes DIRECT LINKING is best. 1st part I recommend reviews

I have never read day job killer or anything like that... The tips are all from experience.

eroker, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  6. WilsonA

WilsonA Active Member

Best Answers:
    have you had any luck direct linking with "how to" keywords

or have you tried it?

WilsonA, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  7. eroker

eroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    with "how to" keywords I would imagine that most people are looking for something free. I have tried a few "How To" words; for example, if I sold a six pack ab product like TRUTHABOUTABS. I might try [How To Get Six Pack Abs]. However if the keyword costs over .15 cents I don't bother with it unless it is the title of the product.

eroker, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  8. Domainholder

Domainholder Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really intresting.

When you link directly to the merchant page, the adwords visitor will be shown a professional sales page and will probably bite. But when the visit doesn't convert that well you only lost money.

If you had a website with an easy to remember name you can also promote other CB offers as well, increasing your chances of a user/sale conversion.

So when you really want to make money with direct linking to the merchant, you either should have enough money to play with, or know exactly which product to promote. Perhaps you could tell us a little bit about how you are selecting the right products to promote with PPC?

And btw are you also using products like affiliate elite to check the competition before creating a campaign?

Domainholder, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  9. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    eroker thanks for your tips ;)

in your experiences, have you found if hosting a landing page on a subdomain affects me negatively as an advertiser?

SitPoMk, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  10. eroker

eroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used sub domains with landing pages and they work fine... google still likes them so I don't think it would hurt you (as an advertiser). A sub domain like any other domain is the same as a regular domain.

However if your on someone else domain like wordpress, blogger, etc... I would recommend putting more effort into YOUR domain. You can get hosting for VERY cheap nowadays, and that way you have more control over your domain. You don't want google or wordpress to suddenly delete your blog that you spent hours on making.

I just did this for the heck of it.

eroker, Apr 1, 2008 IP