1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Banned For International Traffic

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by azn_romeo_4u, Mar 15, 2006.

Quick question is possible to come back, after getting banned from internation traffic, after the beta project is out of the box? I mean, it's understandable to get banned forever for invalid clicks, but to banned from international traffic seems kinda harsh...maybe after the beta is out, they will allow the banned publishers who were kicked out come back because of international traffic?

azn_romeo_4u, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    That's possible. Might want to talk to them directly though.

thame, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  3. stevenzepeda

stevenzepeda Peon

Best Answers:
    I was suspended for to much intl. traffic about the end of Feb., I have had talks to them via email they have never called me after about 5 request to speak to them directly, all they tell me is that they encourage me to rejoin them when they go Intl., but who knows when that will be., they have paid me on schedule and I have just 1 more payment do for Feb. I hope that comes on schedule.

stevenzepeda, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  4. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good to know. I had a singnificant drop in revenue when I added my geotargetting script (even though I get about 90% US traffic) and I recently took it off. I'd rather make the money I was and get kicked out than make $0.00 every day.

thame, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  5. stevenzepeda

stevenzepeda Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you I just wish I would have got a warning that I was getting to much intl. traffic and I would have done the same and filter out non u.s. traffic, I should have been proactive and done that after I heard people were getting suspended for that, all you people make sure to filter out that traffic, I went from about 600.00 to 700.00 a day to 0.0, so don't make the same mistake I made.

good luck and yahoo please go Intl.

6. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    i will feel better getting banned for too much international traffic instead of URL CLOAKING.

keikor, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  7. flyguy

flyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to here about your ban. I would be curious to know how much int traffic you were getting.

flyguy, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  8. stevenzepeda

stevenzepeda Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to know how much intl. traffic i was getting also, i have tried talking to someone but the customer service reps just tell me i have to reply to the email i recieved only and that dept. is in the same building but they would not give me a phone number, and that dept does respond to my emails that takes about a week or two for them to respond but only via email, they just do not want to talk to you once your suspended, i will just have to wait untill they go international.

9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I've often wondered about YPN, if they can detect that certain traffic is 'international' why don't they just don't show ads when they detect it?

:(

tom

TommyD, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  10. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually funny i don't know how they decide how much is too much as i have 2 friends...

One had about 25% int traffic and is still going strong in the past weeks he now only shows to US but before that to all he is still goign strong

One friend had only about 10% in traffic and he got banned...

weird seems to be no rhyme or reason....

xboxundone, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  11. stevenzepeda

stevenzepeda Peon

Best Answers:
    according to there terms any traffic is reason to suspend for intl. traffic, i just don't get it they are not paying for intl. traffic they filter daily, even though i was suspended my checks have been correct to the daily numbers, i guess I made them work to hard filtering out traffic.

12. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    ahh, now i know why my email to them hasn't been answered yet. So it takes two weeks for that department?

But at least i still have some hope left.

keikor, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  13. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    that's cool to hear. Cuz it would suck for people to get banned for international traffic and not have a chance to come back once ypn is out of beta.

However, i guess it's justifiable if you get banned, since they do state in the rules and all these threads at dp warn pretty much every webmaster about it.

Even with all these warnings, I'm one of those webmasters, who don't use a geo targetting script like phpadnews, or some other good script....I think I have either a 60 or an 90% US market on one of my sites I use yahoo on.

azn_romeo_4u, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  14. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont they just make those clicks invalid, and not count towards revenue instead of banning people?

JeffC, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  15. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good freakin' question...I have no idea. I was thinking about that as well. Well, actually I have an idea. Maybe they don't have enough inventory for international users?

16. Zapita

Zapita Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh come on, as if you could say: not from USA? GETOUTOFMYSITE!!! :|

an stupidity

Zapita, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  17. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    that's why you can always geo target.