1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can you block international IP's with NO SQL or PHP support ?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by bluegill_catcher, Mar 15, 2006.

Hi folks, I have had the same ISP and host for almost 10 years now. I have a huge site, as far as storage etc, around 150 megs, because I have demo and full versions of my software on the server etc, along with content, etc... anyway, I was wondering what ways one can block non USA visitors without php and my sql support, my host (dialup internet provider) does not support either function.

Also, I am sure there are a lot of folks who either don't have the support like me, and others who have never used or have no idea what my sql or php even is, so any help or options are greatly needed.

I average 90% U.S. traffic

bluegill_catcher, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. Citizen

Citizen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think its possible. A simple solution would be to use phpadsnew

Citizen, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  3. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    My advice: don't bother. You're more than fine :)

DomainMaster, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  4. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that 90% is fine although I don't think YPN has every disclosed what their exact requirements are...

I think someone might have posted a script here that didn't require a database, but I'm pretty sure it would be unreliable at best (it checked the hostname for a .com address).

thame, Mar 15, 2006 IP