1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

should I switch my AdSense to yahoo?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by duclelo, Mar 15, 2006.

Hi
    My site got a lot more traffic from Yahoo than Google. should I switch my AdSense to yahoo ? , anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks

duclelo, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    def worth a try

DomainMaster, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  3. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt change just because of where your traffic comes from.

Consider how much make from Adsense and if its worth giving up to test Yahoo?

If you have a 2nd website then why not run Adsense on one and YPN on the other.

You may want to read the posts in the YPN section of DP, some interesting stories to be told.

cormac, Mar 15, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  4. thame

thame Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely "interesting" :D

If you've already had your account approved, I see no harm in throwing them on for as long as you're comfortable (at least a day or two though) just to see what happens.

thame, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  5. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I made the switch a couple months ago and am very glad I did. Have made much more money than I could have with adsense. However, not all keywords do well so test it to see how you do. Your clicks will drop most likely, but as in my case the income quadrupled.

TheNetCode, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  6. duclelo

duclelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all. i will try , why not.

duclelo, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  7. apondonet

apondonet Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you stick to Google for now. Yahoo Ad Targeting is still way off......most likely because the subscriber base is still much smaller than Google's.

If you have more than 1 site I guess you can experiment with Yahoo Ads.

apondonet, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. pkchukiss

pkchukiss Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am not wrong, you are allowed to write a script that deploys AdSense to your visitors half the time, and Yahoo Publisher Network for the other half of the time, as long as the two never appear on the same page.

So you might have one page that can serve AdSense to one visitor, and YPN to another.

Digitalpoint forum is using this technique to share revenue with members, by having a 50% chance an AdSense advertisement shown on the site would be under the member's AdSense account on a particular thread/post.

pkchukiss, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  9. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

Yes this can be done. The good point of doing this is it would give you the chance to test both on the same pages and compare them to see how they do. You can then place the best performing ad system on a page full time and have different pages showing either YPN or Google depending on how they perform for you in terms of revenue. So one page may disply YPN full time after your test and another may display Google. You might even come to find that rotating them full time is the best thing for you.

TheNetCode, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  10. apondonet

apondonet Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me get this right----One can have both Yahoo & Google Ads on the same website as long as they are on different pages?

apondonet, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  11. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you have it right. As long as you do not display them on the same page you are breaking no TOS.

TheNetCode, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  12. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. You can also switch individual pages back and forth from Google to YPN to see which program makes you the most money. Just make sure you don't have BOTH on the same page at the same time.

ahearn, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  13. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am testing ypn once again on my forums and two of the main pages of my site. The first time I tried this (when ypn first got going), It didnt work well.

After 3 days, it doesnt appear to be working well still. going to mess with the targeting feature and maybe try some different types of ads on my site and see if that helps.

SportsOutlaw, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  14. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I think that their advertiser base is still way to small yet to be effective on all sites.

TheNetCode, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  15. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're not making much with Adsense, then yes, switch.

cpvr, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  16. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, but won't the adsense and yahoo bots gets confused when they come to scan the page and see competitors ads? or do i not understand how they read the pages to serve ads.

skattabrain, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  17. D3Si

D3Si Peon

Best Answers:
    well when i had Yahoo ads with some other ads Yahoo call me and told me i can use 2 diffrent ads like Yahoo and Google but it has to be on diffrent pages.. BOTH DON'T NEED TO SHOW UP ON SITE AT THE SAME TIME...

D3Si, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  18. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    You are referring to the same page. Both ads cannot show up on the same page. You can place their ads on same website as long as they do not show up on the same page. Also as we previously stated you cannot have the "advertise on this site" active with Google or you will be breaking their TOS.

TheNetCode, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  19. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not using this feature but where does it say we cannot use this on sites with ypn and adsense?

keikor, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  20. Psychotomus

Psychotomus Guest

Best Answers:
    what would make it better is to switch from google to yahoo after a user see's the ad switch them to google if it was yahoo or switch it to yahoo if it was google.

Psychotomus, Mar 27, 2006 IP