1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs that duplicate (steal) other's work/content... what to do?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by BiznasGeek, Mar 15, 2006.

Hi,

Just discovered that someone has duplicated the whole sidebar contents of my blog and put it onto their own blog! (I have loads of information and useful links in the sidebar which has taken me quite a while to gather and a lot of effort and care. I also get an average of about 400 unique visitors a day coming to my blog).

What can I do about this blatant content theft? Does blogger have options where they deal with issues like this, and ban/delete the perpetrator's account and blog?

Thanks.

BiznasGeek, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to file a DMCA with Google for them to remove it. Contact Blogger for the information where to send it, however the steps are the same as listed here: http://www.google.com/dmca.html (The Attn: info in the mailing address is different if it is a DMCA for Blogger.)

Do note that they will send a copy to chillingeffects.org.

Jenstar, Mar 15, 2006 IP
    dct likes this.
  3. BiznasGeek

BiznasGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jenstar. :)

BiznasGeek, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  4. dj1471

dj1471 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly is in the sidebar? If it's just a collection of links and/or public domain content from other sites it may be ineligible for copyright (at least in the US; other countries may differ) in which case there's nothing you can do about it. If however it contains original text/images, then it obviously well be eligible and you can take action against the person that copied it.

dj1471, Mar 17, 2006 IP