1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Daddy Results Hit My Browser.

Discussion in 'Google' started by Web Gazelle, Mar 13, 2006.

Big Daddy has finally hit my browser. Is it just about rolled out? What are the biggest changes you guys see and what is Google cracking down on with this new algo?

Web Gazelle, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    As I said in another post, I am loosing placement for generic searches such as keyword and only finding my site in serps for keyword town or keyword town state.

See a client has really been hit and when I look at her most useful keyword. When I look tytle, keyword, and description for number one SERP in that category see copmetition page is similar to her page in these aspects. Page rank for two pages similar. Off to look at backlinks.

Smyrl, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  3. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been having very good results so far from the bigdaddy updates. it looks like bigdaddy likes whatever I was doing :) hope the trend continues.

alhoop, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are cracking down on something, possibly duplicate content. Google has been pretty good at catching stuff like that but now they look to have turned up the juice in that area.

Web Gazelle, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  5. Manish Pandey

Manish Pandey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well would you like to share them with us...alhoop.

Manish

Manish Pandey, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  6. edbri871

edbri871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, the supplemental listing problem looks to be corrected atleast

edbri871, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  7. nsusa

nsusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Not happy here at all. 3 sites taking a big dive due to Big Daddy. I got to say - Google is doing a bad job lately. I have been in favor of Google for years, but now the love is getting cold fast.

Christoph

nsusa, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  8. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't noticed any difference at all - traffic is still steadily increasing for most of my sites.

Hon Daddy Dad, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  9. Jufcy8200

Jufcy8200 Banned

Best Answers:
    Our web design company site dropped from spot #3 to #31 !!

Still number 1 on MSN and Yahoo!. Hoping things will settle on Google....

Jufcy8200, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  10. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    got a couple of sites out of the penalty box last week, probably not from bigdaddy tho, because the penalized sites weren't ranking at the test dc's prior to this update.

i think i'm finally seeing less emphasis on old sites that haven't updated for a long time?

danimal, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  11. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    lol. . .

Smyrl, I have the exact opposite. I’ve lost all rankings for my interior pages but my HP has not changed (even during SH it maintained its rankings).

In the past, 90% of my traffic came from complex terms (the long tail) such as “old red ford truck for sale in Twoegg Florida”

I’m still hoping that the pages that went supplemental and were restored yesterday will get their PR back but with G who knows?
    [edit] btw Moz Gbot has quit crawling this morning for the first time in four weeks. It was hitting 50-80k pages a day and since this morning at 2:00am it's only been back 80 times. Wonder if something is getting ready to happen?

classifieds, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  12. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    I noticed a lot of drops with suplimental pages. Now mostly it is just the homepage that ranks for any terms. I also have a different situation. Google has began to index a mirror site of the site that got hit by big daddy. I wonder if the mirror site would be seen as duplicate content and that is the reason for the drop. If that is the reason then would adding the meta robots noindex help?

Web Gazelle, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Same here.

Jim4767, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  14. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    That was same for me till this past weekend when it hit this one site really hard.

Web Gazelle, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  15. jvmills

jvmills Peon

Best Answers:
    I went to check the datacenters on Mcdar, but his site seems to have gone down, anyone know any other good datacenter checking utilities?

jvmills, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  16. classifieds

Best Answers:
  17. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Gee, and to think, I've done nothing but grow valid content, and produce nice clean pages for the search engines to spider, and my rankings have climbed greatly for all terms I target because of BigDaddy.

I see so many people complain that they spent hundreds of hours on SEO and got worse ranks during an update, but they never stop to consider that maybe Google got smart and too much SEO is a bad thing now. My pages rank for terms that I don't even target, and we're talking #1 ranks on all major SE's -- all from just writing good, unique, and related content for the site.

DS

darqSHADOW, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  18. classifieds

Best Answers:
    Pride preceedth the fall.

If your content is that good I'm sure the scapers will find it. Wait until thousands of duplicate sites and tens of thousands of duplicate pages start poping up and then remember this post.

19. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:

there doesnt seem to much of a change in the ranking algo, i believe its more of a structural change.

I first started seeing BD results around 4th and 5th of febuary it has been steadily rolling out since. I've started to see alot more BD stuff on google.co.uk this last week.

amnezia, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  20. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Too late, its happened multiple times to me already. Not once has it bit me in the ass...yet. In fact, I've had competitors copy my entire website and change a few words to make it their own, yet they don't rank as highly as me still. I use a combination of good content, and good link strategy -- it's exactly what Google wants EVERYONE to do.

DS

darqSHADOW, Mar 15, 2006 IP