1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Algorithm

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Zafar Ahmed, Mar 28, 2008.

Hello,

Yahoo is one of the most popular search engine and internet portal, their search engine is in fact as important as Google.
    People search Yahoo for relevant information, you miss out potential traffic if you do not have good ranking in Yahoo Search Engine.
    Much has been changed in Yahoo’s Algorithm. Yet, no one has properly understood how it works, only few people know how to rank for Yahoo.

As you all know Yahoo has one of the biggest directory, therefore it is in the part of their algorithm, means if you are not in their directory you have to wait for a long time in order to appear in their SERPs. Sad? I know.
    However, this is not really true. Yahoo ranks website with high inbound links in terms of both quantity and quality links and the factors discussed below. Although, Yahoo and Google; they both have the “sandbox” penalty, which sometimes makes it difficult.

How can one optimize their website for Yahoo?
    Here are few factors that helps optimize your website for Yahoo.

Title of your website:
    Title is the biggest and and the most important ranking factor of Yahoo. Hence, you should have your major keywords in the title.

Relevant Content:
    The more relevant content you add to your website, the better ranking you get. One of the best way is to create a “blog” and update the content daily through blogs, blogs are good for relevant content.

Inbound Links:
    With Yahoo, inbound links are vital. Do not forget to put the anchor text, as with Yahoo anchor relevancy is very essential. Remember, the quantity of links will not really help, it is the quality links that matters.

Click Popularity:
    This must be something you have never heard of. But, this is a part of Yahoo’s algorithm. The more clicks your site gets on Yahoo Search Page, the more changes of your website getting on TOP 10. Yes, this is not part of Google’s algorithm and probably something new to you.

These were few important factors discussed above, remaining like: sitemap, age of domain, keyword density are important part of Yahoo as well and should be treated same as others.

Good Luck and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Zafar Ahmed –

Zafar Ahmed, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    niessuh likes this.
  2. Gnome

Gnome Active Member

Best Answers:
    good tip about the title!

thanks!

Gnome, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  3. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click Popularity.. hmm I didnt know that.

kewlchat, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  4. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click Popularity.

I heard that there are people who are hired to just click the links in Yahoo search result ....

But I doubt actually. If this is the case, then the url in the first page of the search results will remain in that page forever since it is obvious that it will receive more clicks than a site in the 20th page of the search results.

discuss4u, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  5. cheaptraffic

cheaptraffic Active Member

Best Answers:
    cheaptraffic, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  6. niessuh

niessuh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great post.. a green rep for you..
    click popularity is new to me..

niessuh, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  7. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all :)

Zafar Ahmed, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  8. johnenderson

johnenderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Very Nice Post Zafar,

One more Great word in SEO Industry = click_popularity but i think some experts 've got idea about this.

I heard only is, "click popularity is vital to every SEO".

Thanks for sharing.

John

johnenderson, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  9. narenderpalsingh

narenderpalsingh Peon

Best Answers:
    Right Zafar buddy...One shall provide his web site visitors with content they won't find anywhere else and must keep his web site or blog updated with fresh and original content. I think there is one more point which affects (or shake ranking ) and i.e. how long visitors stay on your site after getting in through SEs or any referrals. Lesser the duration more likely that your site's SERP ranking got drop down..

narenderpalsingh, Mar 29, 2008 IP