1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting my first blog and looking for advice ...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Merk13, Mar 28, 2008.

So I grabbed a domain and am going to setup my first blog today. I will be using wordpress, a free template and a bunch of mods.

Anyone have any suggestions/guidance to getting started ? My blog topic will be making money online, general info at first then a more specific niche later possibly. The goal is to monetize the site although I am not 100% certain how as I am looking at adsense, and possibly affiliate content.

Is it better to have less unique content or more possibly repitive content at first ? I am thinking about posting a bunch of articles I have saved in the past from offers here to get content started ???

All advice is welcome.

Merk13, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  2. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.wordpresstip.com/blog-monetization/revenue-share-blog-monetization-method.html

zinruss, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  3. BlindCat

BlindCat Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to write your own content. If you are referring to any other content always use deep links and don't just copy their content -- Summarize it

Try to cr8 lists....like top 20 top 50 ways of making money online, affiliate marketing etc.

Make money is a competitive niche...so you might want to shift...even deeper...and find a sub-niche..which has less competition.

Don't put ads....from day 1..... wait until you start getting visitors...

Join blog networks (mybloglog) and..leave comments on other people's blog..

Just my 2cents

BlindCat, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  4. Jaime Mintun

Jaime Mintun Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend going for one or a couple niches. There's so much general content out there about making money on line that visitors likely won't be interested in reading your content and coming back for updated content unless you're speaking in greater depth about a more particular topic of interest to them.

I would do some keyword research around some specific niches you have an interest in. Also be sure to use Feedburner or a similar RSS feed service and also use bookmarking tools to tag your posts and make them easy to bookmark on the major sites.

Lastly, if you can build your readership enough and your RSS subscriptions, the best way you can monetize your blog is to offer to promote/review/offer someone's product or service as an affiliate or JV partner. This is where the big money is and you're not peddling ads for cents per click.

Hope that helps!

Jaime Mintun, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  5. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    I recommend making some blog posts to start, do some social bookmarking and link building to get traffic and then eventually use Payperpost to make some money. Good plan don't you think? :p

jakeruston, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  6. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Post lots of relevant keyword rich content, Use spell check, work on it every day, etc,etc,etc

TheMagpie, Mar 30, 2008 IP