1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Mushrooms Help You Find God? This Guy Thinks So.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by webwork, Mar 26, 2008.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't mind kicking a hippie on high, maybe he can fly higher with my flying kick. These are people who are wasting their lives when they could have done something more meaningful.

wisdomtool, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Man, think love not war. Why do I suddenly feel like going to whole foods?:)

Wisdom Tool, I have never heard of a monkey head mushroom, are you sure it wasn't a real monkey?

Rebecca, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  3. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I have tried mushrooms on several occassions. When I used to live in Florida we picked them one time and invited about 10 friends over and had a tea-party. The fun was over when my GF at the time decided to put on Texas Chainsaw Massacre because she thought that it might be cool to watch it while tripping on shrooms. I've never seen a room clear out so fast lol.

I have had bad experiences, weird experiences, enlightening experiences. I think it depends a lot on the environment when you take them. See Shroomery - Trip Reports. Level 5 reports are sometimes funny to read: "Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels)."

I can read some of these reports like this one and the experiences are basically the same as what I've had.

I've had that feeling, where everything is one. Like time is completely fake and there just is. Hard to explain, it's something you would have to experience to fully understand.

I would agree with what that study found:
    One-third described the experience with psilocybin as the most spiritually significant of their lifetime and two-thirds rated it among their five most meaningful experiences.

It definitely will open your mind. But as of now, I am done with them. I've had my fun.

webwork, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It is actually very fresh tasting and definitely not a monkey head :)

http://www.freshes.com/en/variety/houtou.htm

Suppose to be very good for health and is a tribute to the Chinese Emperors, no commoners would be able to consume until the last dynasty collapse.

wisdomtool, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Does this mushroom cause you to jump up and down on the furniture? Do you find yourself compelled to say words like, "ooo ooo aah aaah" and scratch your armpits? Or do you just think it taste good in stir fry?
    Just kidding:)

Rebecca, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I love shrooms. Definitely a groovy way to see the other side... I also like them on my pizza ;)

Zibblu, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. dimeadozen

dimeadozen Guest

Best Answers:
    lol............:D

Well if hallucination's are bought on by the mushrooms then i am sure you can encounter a godly figure this way, a burning bush might also signify the opposite attraction :p

dimeadozen, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  8. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah if anyone here has taken "shrooms" the magic mushrooms you will understand where these people are coming from but i don't believe people actually see god or anything they just trip on what ever comes to there mind. Shrooms are pretty safe, and as far as i know there is no addiction you can get from them. You basically poison yourself and you trip out because it alters your mind. I know if anyone here took around 2-3 grams of shrooms enough to give you "the laughy's" everyone would want it to be legal. You have control over your body and you know whats going on around you, it just makes everything seems so fun and great. If you see a movie on shrooms it really enhances it. You could watch Gigli with jennifer lopez and it would be the most amazing movie you ever watch because you feel like your actually in the movie.

Honestly I really don't recommend people do drugs but if anything if there is one drug you want to try then i would recommend shrooms. It truely is an eye opener. BUT BE WARNED. after you are introduced to the realm of mind opening drugs, its not a question if they are bad or not its a question of, how the hell do you turn away from them and not do them. doing shrooms really does open the next step in exploring your mind. And i've even came up with some great ideas for websites and new ideas and what not. one of which i applied to my sites and now i make... 100$ a day at the very least off it? if anything experiencing shrooms has gained me ideas that have proven true and successful lol. Im not saying if you do them you can come up with millionaire ideas, it just really opens your mind to all kinds of thinking outside of the box.

killafawk, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  9. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea exactly...

Because reality is not what it seems.

Neo, will you take the red pill, or the blue pill?

These are just tools of spirituality. Aztecs and Mazatecs referred to psilocybin mushrooms as genius mushrooms, divinatory mushrooms, and wondrous mushrooms.

webwork, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  10. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting stuff here

whiteblue1942, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  11. Internet Junky

Internet Junky Peon

Best Answers:
    good post!

Internet Junky, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    A few friends of mine took 'shrooms in high school and then accused me of being the devil. They were actually convinced.

...kinda pissed me off, so I set their cars on fire.

Crazy_Rob, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  13. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh beaver...

*fake television laughter*

killafawk, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  14. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    loooooooooooool