1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think This Will Be Bigger Than CraigsList?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by MaryMary, Mar 27, 2008.

I just talked with the owner of the new Denver Classifieds Grapevine. I think this network of sites has the potential to be big someday. What do you all think?

Review please :)

MaryMary, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  2. AgilitEase

AgilitEase Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it's got potential. Once they expand into all the major cities (like Los Angeles) I think they'll grow their following. Thanks for the tip about this site. I'll be checking it out frequently...

-Rob

AgilitEase, Mar 27, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  3. simnorwebdesign

simnorwebdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't look that great from a design prospective but it looks much better than craigslist (obviously), whether it has potential I dont know, not really my area. Good luck though

simnorwebdesign, Mar 27, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  4. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, it has lots of options for social media that craigslist doesn't have. What I like most about it is that you can actually talk with the sellers of items similar to here at Digital Point. But you can add friends to your profile page like MySpace. It seems to be the perfect union. I can see all of these grapevine websites doing well in there own areas.

MaryMary, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  5. Curt8888

Curt8888 Member

Best Answers:
    yes if it expands cause it is much nicer and eye-friendly. Have you heard of newnetquest? I combines google, craigslist, ebay, oodle, vast, the yellow pages - searches them all at once, then gives a "localized" response... you can put your zip code. It will cover all 45,000 zip codes in the US...

to check it out click the first link in my sig file... :cool:

oh - you need to hit "watch the demo" to see how it will work...

Curt8888, Mar 27, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  6. Pippo09

Pippo09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice design, it looks very professional. I like this kind of website :)

Pippo09, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  7. tdot

tdot Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe someday. CL is hard to compete with. Post is on CL and go from there...

tdot, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  8. xcelent88

xcelent88 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi MaryMary,
    I just checked the website and I really like it. The design is very cool and unique. The idea too. But you add too much affiliate banners at your website. It's a little bit confusing. Anyway, good job and good luck ;)

cheers,
    xcelent88

xcelent88, Mar 29, 2008 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  9. Johny_Ca$h

Johny_Ca$h Peon

Best Answers:
    Professional and clean website. I like it . Your website has potential to be a big website

Johny_Ca$h, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  10. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it cannot compete with CraigsList.
    You people don't understand that's like starting an auction site and trying to take eBay.

Craigslist is huge.

EGS, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  11. MrUnloadingzone

MrUnloadingzone Peon

Best Answers:
    It is an amazing site. Kudos to whomever designed and built it...I wish I could afford them for my new site!

If Craig's list never changed.....who knows? But Craigslist has the name recognition advantage, the following......we could wake up one morning, log into Craig's List, and find they've done a complete remodel and it's just as awesome as the Denver site (Wow, what a site).

Lots of people make better wireless phones that the iPhone. Every new iPhone released is still behind lots of other phones in features and performance.

But every six months or less, when Apple comes out with a "new" version, the Apple fanatics throw their practically brand new "old" iPhones in the trash and buy the new one. And the next new one, and the next new one, etc.

Your site is totally awesome but that doesn't mean it can topple an institution. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though!

Sincerely, Mr. Unloadingzone.

MrUnloadingzone, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  12. Tabby30

Tabby30 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a great localised site. I agree it would be great in any area to give the community an online sounding board. It is much like a community newspaper but much more interactive. I like the coloured fonts too.
    Tabby30:)

Tabby30, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    "maybe" for denver, but no where else
    and that's a big maybe :D

Brandon Sheley, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  14. nanexo

nanexo Guest

Best Answers:
    i think the design is pretty crap i don`t think it`s gonna be bigger than craiglist at all

nanexo, Oct 25, 2008 IP