1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My squidoo lenses and google indexer problem

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by komrad, Mar 26, 2008.

Hi,

I created a lens about google page rank, but Google and other search engines haven't indexed it. Why? I've tried searching on the exact title to my lens in quotes, as well as searching for the entire URL, but no results. :(

Is there something I need to do on Squidoo to allow the search engine spiders to index it? At this point I'm not even concerned with my page ranking on Google or anywhere else. I just want to know it is possible to find it through a search engine.

Here's my squidoo link : http://www.squidoo.com/google-page-rank

Please help.

komrad, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I click your link it comes up with the message that you're still working on it and will publish it to the world soon. It has probably slipped into WIP (Work In Progress) mode.

To get your lens out of this, make sure it has at least 3 modules (not including the introduction and guestbook modules as they don't count). If it already has this many modules, try making some updates and republishing. Once you have done this it should rise in LensRank enough after the next LensRank update to get out of WIP mode.

Getting some quality backlinks for your lens at sites like Digg and Lensroll will help with getting it indexed by search engines.

Think_Big, Mar 27, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like you've not published your lens - until you do, no one can see it.

Cryogenius, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  4. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My bad. :d I forgot to publish it. I'm sorry.

komrad, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  5. Jeancarrey

Jeancarrey Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah ...you need to published it so it will be indexed

Jeancarrey, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  6. SteveTaylor

SteveTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Komrad, it will get picked up eventually. However because there are literally million upon millions of web pages, blogs, fourm posts, etc, etc on this topic, it may take some time or it may never get indexed unless you have something completely unique on there. Unfortunately, looks like squidoo is having problems this morning. I was not able to access your lens or any other for that matter.

SteveTaylor, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  7. skaterkee

skaterkee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also send it to digg just for quick exposure

skaterkee, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Add your Squidoo link in your sig. You've got room. You will definitely get indexed. Beyond that, make sure you're actively maintaining your pages and try to get some others to Favorite and/or rate your site. Take part in Squidoo groups, such as the SEO ones.

usasportstraining, Apr 4, 2008 IP