1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you say about my directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by abiquddoos, Mar 16, 2008.

Hi mates,
    I am here just to get your useful views about my directory.

www.jeetlo.com

Its no 1 on google with top link exchange directory and top link exchange directories.
    Plz let me know what is good in it and what is not upto standards?
    Further If you can plz suggest how to further improve it?
    Thanks in advance!

Enjoy the day..........:)

abiquddoos, Mar 16, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  2. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    are you kidding me??!!
    good luck with your directory,
    anyway at least you are not a quick-bucks guy with a pr domain...

WallaceYeung, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. dotcomdesigns

dotcomdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    As soon as I see Google Ads on a directory I realize the webmaster is only interested in generating traffic away from his directory and therefore I never submit sites to directories with Google Ads all over them.

dotcomdesigns, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But visitors have to leave at sometime, why not through a google advertisement?

The owners interest wouldn't be on generating traffic away, rather on trying to monetise a little for the up keep of the directory.

pipes, Mar 16, 2008 IP
    abiquddoos likes this.
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I give the listed sites up to 500 characters to sell their site and am fairly flexible on the title/link text. Who's fault is it if a visitor to my site opts for an ad with it's much more limited space and no product picture?

It's hard enough getting folks to write a decent description about their own site; I doubt you are going to get many takers with an added burden of writing an article. Though I do like that you are trying to think out of the box a bit. Oh, I have to email you too? All the more a bad idea.

Sitewide footer links are a bad idea with general directories - think of how many pages those links will be unrelated to.

Your Ads are the only color on the page, it draws the eye to them - may be good, may be bad.

The paragraph at the bottom of the page needs a bit of editing.

Sorry, but really don't see anything that will cause your directory to stand out from the hordes of other general directories out there. I applaud you for trying something different with the articles but I'm not sure it will fly long-term. Perhaps make all links reciprocal and anyone willing to write an article will get a free upgrade to featured. And definitely put back the submission form and not require emails.

YMC, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  6. dotcomdesigns

dotcomdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure that's no problem if the ads are running at the bottom of a cat page. But this site has ads at the top and bottom of the index page and every page thereafter.

And is anyone generating any income from ads on their directories? As far as I understand the majority of visitors are other webmasters looking to swap links for the benefit of page rank and not the general public. And do we webmasters click on Google ads? Not me!

dotcomdesigns, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It looks fine to me, its actually quite tidy compared to how its placed on some directories, i see nothing wrong with it.

Some do generate income yes, ive seen it mentioned often before and believe it too.

I do click on google ads yes, if it catches my eye and i feel im interested in a product or service, yes.

pipes, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  8. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @abiquddoos - You have 6 sites listed under your Latest Links that don't have a description associated with them...

silencer, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  9. _Xtrem3_

_Xtrem3_ Peon

Best Answers:
    nice directory, It looks simple

_Xtrem3_, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  10. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It looks cluttered and your seo text is done using bad grammar. I don't think it should be used sitewide either, people already know why they are going to submit. On a plus side what descriptions you do have (or at least the one's I checked) are of good quality.

JamieG, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  11. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Its good. but Adsense in a directory don't looks good to me.

Mr_Kumar, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  12. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As silencer stated the editorial standards seem to be lacking, there are 13 outbound sitewide links in the footer and the adsense seems to dominate the page. In addition submitters need to submit a 400 word article to get considerered. Why not just start an article directory?

What happens with the article when submitted? It does not appear to be posted on the directory.

swedal, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  13. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory looks a little bit crammed, like there is a little too much information on the page.
    However, I wish you the best of luck with it.

kingofsanda, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  14. abiquddoos

abiquddoos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you mates for your time take a look into my directory and provide me useful tips to further improve.
    Thanks again......:)
    Be happy and enjoy quality relations on DP!!!

abiquddoos, Mar 20, 2008 IP
    sturat.mitchel likes this.
  15. sturat.mitchel

sturat.mitchel Banned

Best Answers:
    These are not great keywords:D Check these keywords in wordtracker or overture you will not find a single search for these. So, try to optimize it with some good searched keywords like web directory,non reciprocal directory etc

Have a nice day abiquddoos

any reputations are always welocmed:)

sturat.mitchel, Mar 26, 2008 IP
    abiquddoos likes this.