1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats how it works. It's never steady income.

speed100, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    damn, just impossible to get leads with yahoo.. lol

well i guess it's meh..
    things moving slow on yahoo that's for sure.

only 2 leads so far, 160 usd spent.

ohh and flycell is ok so far .. 33 clicks with 2 leads.
    send me - SUX.

Bm1125, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  3. amoeba22

amoeba22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to say this earlier, but it was 2 am and I needed sleep since I had class in the morning. Anyways, most of you new guys are most likely finding success really easily because when you first start out a campaign, from what I have seen and read, you get bumped to the top of the list among all advertisers. After about a day your quality score is re-evaluated and you get canned to the proper position. I see this in search, but am not 100% sure it happens in content network. I'm pretty sure it does though.

It could be just a crappy day so don't take my word for it.

amoeba22, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  4. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    that does happen

killafawk, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  5. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone else seeing decent results with SendMe?

lapsaJ, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  6. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Great way to kick butt and take names later AJ :D ... Make that money! Are you still only doing ringtones or did you branch off into testing dating too?

webgenesis, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, ringtones is about 1/2 of that

i'm in about 3 other niches right now as well... no dating yet, thats coming up next week.

first $20k day??? haha, hopefully

aj22, Mar 26, 2008 IP
    tsc likes this.
  8. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys check your stats now, i think there might of been a delay. I went from 60 clicks 2 conversions to 111 clicks 8 conversions.

9. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    You make $20K a day and you will be my OFFICIAL hero of 2008 + I will take back all those evil Cloverfield comments I made awhile back.

Question: Are you classified as a sole proprietor... or have you incorporated for tax purposes?

webgenesis, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  10. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    as sick as it is, i haven't taken time to get to a CPA or accountant. right now this is all hitting my personal bank accounts.

but to answer your question, i plan on going the LLC route i think.

aj22, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  11. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you're saying, that makes perfect sense; however, I've spent a lot of time on this particular campaign in an effort to combat being "canned." I'll use something a little more specific than catfood to explain what I've done, and if you're feeling generous, feel free to point out any mistakes or offer any suggestions.

Hypothetical Campaign: House Plants
    Hypothetical Adgroups: Chinese Evergreen, Parlor Palm, Boston Fern, Another Houseplant, and another...

Every keyword associated with an adgroup has the adgroup title in it. For example, the adgroup Chinese Evergreen would have keywords like so..
    chinese evergreen house plant
    chinese evergreen houseplant
    chinese evergreen ornament plant
    chinese evergreen office plant
    chinese evergreen decorative plant
    history of chinese evergreen
    chinese evergreen facts
    etc, etc, etc..

The same applies to the other adgroups and their corresponding keywords.

Landing Pages are structured like so:
    Title: A Unique Plant With Personality - The Chinese Evergreen /Title
    some meta tags, some keywords (no more than 5)

h2(header) The Chinese Evergreen (/header)h2

The Chinese Evergreen makes a perfect addition to any home or office setting that needs that extra touch of green. Know for their beautiful thick green foliage and high tolerance to extreme conditions, the Chinese Evergreen is a hearty plant that requires very little maintenance. Their origin has been traced back to the deep swamps of the Asia and Pacific region, which may explain their fantastic resilience. blah blah blah, some more similarly relevant blah blah blah..

h2(header) Chinese Evergreen Fun Facts (/header)h2
    -unordered list-
    --Chinese Evergreens Prefer Partial or Indirect Light
    --Several Chinese Evergreen Species Produce a Unique Array of Colorful Greens Unavailable in Most Plants
    --Short and Stalky, Chinese Evergreen's Don't Require a lot of Space
    --etc
    --etc
    -/unordered list-

h2(header) Additional Chinese Evergreen Resources (/header)h2

some edu white papers
    wiki pages maybe
    google search results page

h2(header) Related Houseplants (/header)h2
    --some other houseplant LP
    --some other houseplant LP
    --so on..
    --so on..

Ok, so that probably looks horrible, but hopefully this provides a general understanding of what i'm working with. I probably spent a total of 12-16 hours making the entire site, which has 8 landing pages (8 adgroups), a privacy policy, and an about us. There's a custom logo/header specially designed for this project.

Spot any weak points in this little demonstration? Today's performance, or lack of, got me back in the mind set of the regular 9-5 guy, which for those of you who haven't experienced in a while *cough*AJ*cough*, let me remind you, it's a very depressing feeling. The idea of getting up to work for the man everyday until you turn 65. How and why do the majority of people accept this as a way of living?

Looking forward to everyone's input, I haven't given up yet :)

j0ned, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  12. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thats a lot of content for a cat food type campaign. Probably be something good for SEOing...

shockalock-g, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  13. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    honestly it sounds like your target market isn't very stable. thats why i kinda dint use AJ's method, although it seems to be doing good now it doesn't seem very stable. Hence why the ROI isn't ground breaking. Although if you scale anything high enough it becomes very profitable just because of the huge numbers.

do you have any other successful keywords besides the ones you use now? and how many do you have?

14. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was trying to keep a good quality score, which according to todays stats failed miserably. My impressions/clicks almost mirror yesterdays :-/

Unstable target market? Perhaps. I've thought about just slammin the throttle and maxen out my CCs, credit line, maybe rob a few old ladies and generate some huge volume just to see what happens :p

Other successful keywords? No - the last 4-5 days were my only profitable days in Adwords since '06. Before you start calling me a moron for not catching on by now, I've invested less than $400 in adwords between '06 and now, so just haven't really put in as much effort until recently (it's aj's fault :p).

j0ned, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  15. organ

organ Peon

Best Answers:
    Can the adwords conversion tracker even work if I use php redirect
    like this
    <?php
    header( 'Location: http://www.xyz.com/redirect' ) ;
    ?>

organ, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  16. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    sounds like you don't exactly have a profitable niche so far. This is like your first niche your trying out right? like flowers or what ever your pushing.

I know you probably won't like hearing this but honestly you need to test out more niches. Sounds like me a couple months ago, i threw in some keywords and actually got luckky and made profit then 5 days later it all went to shit. Stop worrying about this niche right now and keep it on a low budget of like 30$ a day, if you see profits starting to rise again keep it there.

Btw turn off your ads 60% of the day, i run mine from 12pm to 10 pm at night, thats a good time table for profitable times.

17. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how many different campaigns you have going.

It's kind of like the "eggs in a basket" saying. Don't throw all of your time and effort into one campaign. Take on multiple ideas at the same time. Something here, do this, think about that.;) Whoops, said too much?

Gatorade, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  18. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea it will still work

aj22, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  19. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been getting a lot of PM's to sign up under me on Azoogle - they should have all been answered now.

And yes, if you sign up under me, in exchange I will be happy to reply to PM's and help get you going/coach you/answer questions within reasonable consideration.

So PM me if you would like to get started. I may also be able to have your application expedited.

aj22, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  20. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    aj,

any comments/opinions on this: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7127542&postcount=1252 ? as far as quality score goes? how does this model compare to your landing pages?

Also, I had an azoogle acct prior to this threads creation. Any other means or alternative option to getting your exclusive help? :D feel free to PM me if you've got anything in mind. I'm willing to work out some sort of earnings percentage payment plan or something.

j0ned, Mar 27, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.