1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid to list my sites to DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by m0b1us, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    anybody know how to get list on DMOZ? is there any service which offer paid to list our sites to DMOZ directory?

m0b1us, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are paid services to submit your website to DMOZ. But as far as I know, there is no service that can guarantee inclusion in DMOZ (at least officially there is no such service).

discuss4u, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  3. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    And if you are about to pay someone to have your site listed (as opposed to submitted) you are about to either be ripped off or have you site permanently banned.

nebuchadrezzar, Mar 26, 2008 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  4. makubex

makubex Peon

Best Answers:
    its simple.. find a dmoz editor and bribe him.... lol just kiding

makubex, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  5. winifred gray

winifred gray Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of directories that will let you pay for a listing, why don't you just pay them instead?

winifred gray, Mar 26, 2008 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ listing price list

Scriptlance seems to have a pretty cheap going price at the moment, though discuss4u is correct. That is NOT official, and will run the risk of getting the site banned.

Paying for SEO services is OK according to the guidelines though. Find a professional link builder that has ties to the ODP and hire them. The tricky part there is that if you mention DMOZ you again run the risk of it getting called a bribe. So while that's possible, it's NOT a guarantee...

Winifred gave the best advice here. Spend your money on other directories. Why give money to a crooked DMOZ editor that can't promise the listing anyway. Submit, forget, promote your site by other methods. If it gets listed, it gets listed.... if it doesn't then join the BILLIONS of other sites that can't either.

Qryztufre, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing this will do for you is get that SEO DMOZ editor to look at the site, and possibly list it quicker than otherwise.

It will not get a listing for a site that would otherwise be unlistable.
    It will not get titles or descriptions containing the keywords that you want.
    It will not get your sites multiple listings (or deeplinked listings) if you would not otherwise be eligable for it.

All of those would be considered editorial abuse and would result in the termination of the editor and a delisting of the sites and then you would just be out of money.

The advice given here to spend your money on guaranteed inclusion directories seems to me to be very sound advice. The ODP counts as just one backlink from a Google perspective, based on the experts on this forum, so I wouldn't spend any money on it, but submit once to the best category and move on with other ways of promoting the site.

Alucard, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  8. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I gave up with dmoz long time ago and I am still doing good without it.

digitalduke, Mar 26, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.