Trying to rank a local site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by advancedfuture, Mar 25, 2008.

I am trying to rank one of my websites for my local business.

Out of all the keyphrases I've come up with most are under 500k results.. with most results returning around 200k results in google. My site is aged over a year, and is already indexed. Googlebot comes by ever 2-3 days.

How hard should it be to SEO my page and rank high for those results? It doesn't seem like that is much competition.... also how long does it usually take to get ranked in the big 3?

advancedfuture, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    astup1didiot, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  3. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    local as in specified city... For instance lets say my website is about dog kennels....*its not this is just an example...

So I live in San Jose... so my keyword i would want to optimize for is "Dog Kennels San Jose" so I can generate traffic to my company website.

advancedfuture, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  4. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on how you build links for your site and also how competitive is your keywords. If you wan a localized ranking better get links from site hosted on the same country that you're targeting.

Hersheys, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  5. govindseo

govindseo Banned

Best Answers:
    i think some change in content and doing link in local and some directory submission for city bases and also use SMO.

govindseo, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  6. Eka

Eka Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean with local? City, area or country?
    If it is country, than try to get backlinks from sites from that country. Otherwise use webmaster tools to set things.

Eka, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. tomfrederick

tomfrederick Guest

Best Answers:
    You should use keyword research tool to find keyword with search volume and according to search volume you should use keyword to promote your site.

tomfrederick, Mar 26, 2008 IP