1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is posting a youtube video (not your own) on your website copyright infringement?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Gentile2, Mar 25, 2008.

As I'm considering having a section on my website where I'd post youtube videos' not made by me but relating to my niche on my site.

I would think it's alright a youtube is public access and the ownership doesn't belong to the individual, but I'm not sure so wanted to ask here.

Gentile2, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  2. Orion77

Orion77 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I read, since YouTube/Google is just a service provider, this is how they are getting around the copyright laws. However, you may be in copyright violation if you posted one on your site. This is not my area of expertise, but Mark Cuban, the billionaire, discusses this subject on his blog.

Orion77, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  3. skaterkee

skaterkee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's why they have the embed feature. The user can turn that off so if it is there then the video is fair game. I don't think you can be done for having a website showing youtubes videos. If they can't get done then why could you?

skaterkee, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  4. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    If you post videos from YouTube then it's legal no matter what. The video will simply be a link to YouTube but it's just convenient that they are watching it on your site. Anyone can watch a YouTube vid so it doesn't matter if it's directly from YouTube or you're directing them to YouTube.

PlateFish, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  5. Honolii

Honolii Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that it is NOT copyright infringement because next to the video itself on youtube, they offer the embed url.
    If you've already got a response like this sorry, im just trying to reach my 25 posts so i can sell my ebooks. Haha, hope i helped though.
    Take it easy & good luck

Honolii, Mar 26, 2008 IP