1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free eBook marketing website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by SuperSkyRockets, Mar 25, 2008.

Hey there everybody, I have a question that a friend on another site asked me recently that, off the top of my head, I don't know the answer to:

"How do I set up a free website that will automatically accept PayPal (and/or E-gold, AlertPay etc.) payments then automatically send my eBook to purchasers email addresses?"

Can this be done for free? Does anybody know where this type of info can be found?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

SuperSkyRockets, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  2. SuperSkyRockets

SuperSkyRockets Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I think I've got it! There is a website called payloadz.com where you can sell your eBook for free automatically! Anybody have any experience of them?

3. amitch56

amitch56 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could use paypal's shopping cart then mail upon receipt. but that might not be as automatic as you want.

amitch56, Mar 25, 2008 IP
    SuperSkyRockets likes this.
  4. Orion77

Orion77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use e-junkie to store and deliver. It is only $5 per month. They are compatible with eBay, PayPal, etc. They are great. I have had no experience with payloadz.

Orion77, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  5. SuperSkyRockets

SuperSkyRockets Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice guys! Anybody else on DP used Payloadz?

6. Honolii

Honolii Member

Best Answers:
    Is emailing the ebook a must?
    The reason i ask is because, there is another way that you can automate this process but instead of emailing ebook the purchaser can download it after purchasing and only after purchasing.
    It's a little tricky at first but you'll catch on,
    Ill make this as easy as possible.
    -First, sign up and upload your ebook to humyo.com (A free file storage site)
    -Next, make your ebook public (don't worry people won't find it unless they have the url)
    -Copy the url to your ebook
    -Next, You will need a business pay pal account (Free)
    -Create a new button (Use the button that says Buy Now, It's most effective)
    -After you fill out the information about the product, at the bottom click "advanced options"
    -There should be a part in there that says something like, "This is the url people will be sent to only after purchasing"
    -Now, just enter the url of your public ebook at humyo.com

That's how i do it
    Okay, hope it helps
    Laters-

Honolii, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. makeitwork

makeitwork Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, why couldn't you just re-direct the buyer after the sale to a page on your own site for download? juts put it in a folder inside a folder? Thus bypassing the Humyo place. Is there a reason that that works better than keeping it "inhouse?" I was just wondering.

I like the ejunkie comment, I was under the impression they were much more expensive!

Thanks.

makeitwork, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  8. dannic06

dannic06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just another suggestion here. OsCommerce can allow downloads of digital products that have been purchased. You can set it up for paypal and several other payment gateways already built in.

Best of all, it is free. You just need a website and domain.

dannic06, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  9. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be easy to lead people to a download page after a paypal payment, but sites like E-Junkie offers a unique download link with limited downloads that expires after a given time. If you were to just email them a direct download link then they could forward to their friends and they could download it, theres really no protection.

The problem with E-Junkie is there entry level ($5 a month) account only comes with 50mb max file size and 10 max number of products you can have. 50mb max for selling digital products is way too low. After that their pricing nearly doubles (100mb is $10 a month). The only reason why i stay with E-Junkies is that they have a decent market place and affiliates on there

amedia, Mar 28, 2008 IP