1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

32 sites and just 3.99 in Adsense, I am getting ripped off?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by UQHosting, Mar 24, 2008.

1. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    u may have 1 site and be millionaire
    and 1000000 site with no benifit

try to focus your efforts

abdobasha2004, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  2. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people don't understand the difference between Made for Adsense (MFA) sites (bad) and MFA content (good).

Here's an example of MFA content.

Let's say you have a page about buying used cars from online web sites.

You provide advice about how to shop, what prices to pay, how to best use online used car sites, how to avoid scams, and how to negotiate with sellers -- all good quality content. After reading the content, your visitors will naturally want to know some web sites where they can look at and buy used cars online. If you wanted to totally satisfy your visitors, you could provide a handy list of some of the top used-car sites on the web -- eBay, UsedCars.com, Edmunds, AutoTrader. Your visitors will love you for providing everything they were looking for.

The problem is that you've left your visitors with very little reason to click Adsense ads -- which will be ads from -- you guessed it -- eBay, UsedCars.com, Edmunds, and AutoTrader.

A smart MFA content writer will leave off the list of links to used-car sites and let Adsense do the job for them. Now visitors will have a reason to click ads. The quality of the content hasn't been compromised. In fact, visitors will be thankful for the ads and consider the ads to simply be part of the quality content, especially if you use large ad blocks and integrate them into your content with right-aligned tables.

This "secret" technique accounts for about 75% of my Adsense revenue, yet it's discounted and rejected by many as somehow degrading the quality of their site. The quality of my content is as good, or better, than if Adsense wasn't there. Taking a narrow and myopic view of MFA is a sure way to low earnings.

stackman, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  3. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. I just started using Adsense in February on an existing site. Looking at the ad channels, my "best" content pages receives no clicks, because there's nothing left for anyone to research.

Valkerie, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  4. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    It's amazing that so few people, particularly newbies, don't understand this fundamental concept. Visitors to a web page must have a reason to click ads, and a good content writer will give them reason. Newies tend to think they can throw up ads on any page, any content, and visitors will click. Not true. Success comes by specifically designing the content of a page to be complementary with Adsense -- letting Adsense be part of the content.

stackman, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  5. nvkrishna

nvkrishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is good for some niches. Your earnings depend on quality of content, visitors, from where they come etc. Patiently build quality websites and you will be rewarded.

nvkrishna, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  6. UQHosting

UQHosting Banned

Best Answers:
    post free ads 2,676 3 0.11% $0.23 $0.62

My Adsense stats for one website!!!!

A joke now, 3 clicks form 2,676 hits? That is now right, my ads are placed in the correct place, I had them checked.

UQHosting, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  7. MikeDirnt

MikeDirnt Peon

Best Answers:
    thats pretty low dude. where is your website?

MikeDirnt, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  8. UQHosting

UQHosting Banned

Best Answers:
    postfreeads.net is the site, hope i dont get banned for listing this, but really I need some advice on why my adsense is not making anything. Over 2700 page impressions today and only 0.18 cents in adsense from 3 clicks. Something is really not right here.

UQHosting, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  9. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    people click only if they are interested if not will not click , this can be a reason

newzone, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  10. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    UQHositing:

It's pretty obvious.

Your site provides free ads. Two of your large Adsense blocks are about free ad sites. If someone is on your free ad site, why would they click to go to another?

You have one link block hidden away at the bottom of your page. Nobody is going to see it there. And link blocks don't as well as ad blocks.

You have a tiny single Adsense ad under the title "Featured Ads" which is almost invisible, but also in violtation of Google TOS (can't use the title "Featured Ads")

And you have also hijacked this thread. Start your own thread.

stackman, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  11. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:

Cagliostro, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  12. Frenchiexno1

Frenchiexno1 Guest

Best Answers:
    $3.99 a day isnt too bad, definately a good starting point, and from 35 websites that $40 every 10 days $1200 a year.....nice bit of pocket money....

Frenchiexno1, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  13. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Put your ads on the RIGHT instead of LEFT you have now. People seems to click more on the right, since their mouse moves to the right while scrolling etc etc.

Put your ads INSIDE/After the actual add. A small ad format.

Remove all those HUGE ads and try Adsense alone.

Cagliostro, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  14. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:

pipes, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  15. MikeDirnt

MikeDirnt Peon

Best Answers:
    its strange you dont get enough clicks for such a professional looking website.

care to give proof of your adsense earnings?:cool: just curious.

MikeDirnt, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  16. krazy

krazy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you and for anyone else who does this crap.

How about contributing something useful to the internet and taking the time to build an original website that actually has a purpose other than trying to make money off of google with one of your 32 websites...SMH.

krazy, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  17. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree completely, I have this Youtube Downloader site. People visit it put the url of the video they want and hit download. But there given is a file called .FLV which is flash.They need to convert it avi right? At first I had all the info they needed to find a free program to convert it etc and some links, but the ctr was bad. So I removed the links and put a little paragraph telling how to use the site and tell them to find a video converter.
    Then under the text I put a adsense banner and gets ads like "convert flv to avi" Now the ctr is great on the site.
    i'm getting like 80% ctr.

Dollar, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  18. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:

Congratulations!! You've proven the point of my post. If there was ever a "secret" to increasing CTR, this is it.......but most people just don't get it.

stackman, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  19. UQHosting

UQHosting Banned

Best Answers:
    Did I hijack this thread or did I create it?! lol

As in terms and violations of adsense, did you not see the line between featured ads and the google ad?

At the start of Post Free Ads (DOT NET), I wanted an honest, quick and easy site for ads, where I even made a section so people could post there own sites for 10,000 days for free, enough for a one way free link. I added Google ads because I wasn't selling any featured ads, I signed up for TNX and spent a lot of money, I took my other site FreeUKClassifieds (DOT COM), and used co-0p network to generate weight to postfreeads, I seo'd the site like I did with downloadautographs (DOT COM) and other sites (visit one and you will see my own seo job on them all!), I did the stuff I am able with my own knowledge to do, and that is get sites to perform. My argument here is not about seo, hits, violations it is to find out why we can all generate so many hits for someone else in the same business and have to lose out to Google, who seem to be screwing us all. Can we prove it? No we can't! Maybe I had 2,700 hits and maybe (just on the possibilty), I had 2,000 clicks, which at $0.18 cents for 3 clicks could have meant $120. A lot of difference. Maybe I am wrong, how can we show it? I have 32 sites, I enjoy building sites. I can also get sites to perform very well in rankings. I have the knowlegde to get a site indexed in Google within 24 hours. I have the software to get all my competitives main keywords, meta tags, link partners etc etc, and I use it. I get traffic, I get PR (Which to me means nothing unless you have a completly different site to the higher PR site, ie, type in "We love guitars" (lower pr site), and get "I Like Hendrix" above you, although your site maybe weloveguitars (dot com), unfortunatly, your link is on a higher pr site for the same search term that is somewhere in the homepage of ilikehendrix (dot com), lol, just a random example. PR is only important in the sites that you are in competion with, I think. I think maybe I am sharing too much of my own knowledge here, but maybe my knowledge isn't 100% correct, maybe I am totally wrong. I can tell you, I get hits, I get traffic, I get sites to the top. Problem, I don't get money! My adsense is terrible, my sales for featured ads are none exsitant. I only started websites, php, seo and html because I lost my voice, I was a singer, to nodules. I was told to wait a few years and my voice will be ok to start from scratch. I am now singing in a band and enjoying every minute of it. My rent, bills etc are paid from the earings I make from the band. I had to endure 4 years of no money, no idea what I was to do and no benifit, I got through it and paid my own way with no help, websites and computer work is what I learnt, it was all I had available. I am talking now, in a forum, I was banned from (Canaryspace), over 600 posts, one infraction too many! Never mind, probably banned for life. I got 10 infractions for posting in the wrong category, so got banned until 10th April. I emailed DP and nothing, my thread "What is your website", damn it, I got over 200 people infractions!

I didn't mean any harm in that post, I just think sometimes, we should be allowed to comment, say stuff, help each other and just be ourselves and not let the monopoly shut us up (DP), or screw us Adsense.

I am sorry to go on, enjoy yourselves.

ps any help appreciated.

DP, Sorry, I am banned, but don't really deserve it, ffs, I will go somewhere else if I am not welcome. Let me have my username back!!!

CANARYSPACE

UQHosting, Mar 27, 2008 IP