1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GII.IN becomes authority site

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jhnrang, Feb 25, 2008.

1. domainpubber

domainpubber Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point dargre; lot of us dir owners did not enjoy this leap day; you work hard, try to follow the "rules" and still some get singled out while others have better luck with the elephant.

domainpubber, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Well, we cannot do anything nor change the site links ourself and bots work at google ;)

@ Dargre : Its your specific site which got penalised/de indexed, isnt it wrong to classify everyone under the same table?

amitpatel_3001, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Amit! Very well deserved. :)

maldives, Feb 29, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  4. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Amit. Truely amaze of your work and envy. :) I'm sure that your next one will be same too.

Same goes to www.romow.com, its a good thing and happy that DP member achieved this level. We all should learn from them.

David Cheong.
    ** I'm back to active....

davcheong, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  5. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to read this and that.

In case you don't have too much free time like most people have, read it right below.

onLoad, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I did a long time ago, it was because of this that I am convinced it is only the WAY a site is laid out that the rest of the text counts for nothing,

In other words, if they are automated, all you need to do is to figure it out how they do this. People have in large numbers hence the fact there are no so many of them.

JamieG, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jamie

Pls............ can you fight trollers????????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So pls leave it to them --let them think whatever they do.

We know what it is --and we live by it.

Regards
    John:cool:

jhnrang, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  8. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mods --
    I thought instead of adding/editing my previous post - I should write another after going though all those 70 odd comments on Sphinn as suggested by onLoad.
    I think that would add much value to the thread or discussion.

@ onLoad

Don't want to say much --but just cite some comments from that thread--( Think you are so blind Rand follower that you never read line by line, word by wrd of those comments:(
    Here we go

By DannySullivan

Can you question the authority Danny enjoys in the SEO world?

And here he comes -- he is not sure about it. So how can you or me? Read my posts/threads on DP or my blogpost about authority directories

Please read carefully and each and every word what people say and then only comment on such a sensitive thing.

Regarding usefulness of Directories --please read every word of what the last commentator on the Sphinn thread you referrred to said ----:rolleyes:

If you can't read --here it is

jhnrang, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  9. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing personal here, jhnrang. Just wanted to clarify the point. Sitelinks don't mean that the site is an authority. They are randomly selected depending on your site structure and internal linking flow. Another confirmation direct from someone who has been in the Gplex. (Yes, blogged at the SEOMoz) ;)

onLoad, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  10. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    In case you have some issue with SEOMoz, here is another confirmation from RustyBrick that they are just a matter of your internal linking structure.

Having said that, I believe A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

And yes, I do respect your view. You must have some solid data to back up your point.

onLoad, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  11. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    amit's making some big moves...onya buddy!

Don't pay attention to the one's who mock. I did a deep analysis of gii.in and it rocks buddy. I have no doubt it will display to all it will indeed be an authority site in every respect.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  12. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It would be great if it does happen until then I wish the owners the best of luck. :)

JamieG, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    onLoad likes this.
  13. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Make that 6 sitelinks in Google UK now, well done!

Spider-Man, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  14. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Amit that's great.

kingofsanda, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  15. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi There
    Thanks for the cool arguments we are having here. I always like positive debates :cool:

To make it clearer, I have no problem with SEOMOZ and I do follow their posts. Just that I don't participate in the discussion.

About the topic of our arguments --

we are talking about Search Engines and SEO world -- isn't? Can you show me a more dynamic or well gurded secrets (even KGB would envy the secrecy) - than Search Algorityms? Google, Yahoo, MSN or Ask for that matter will never reveal their algo secrets to anybody - not even to Rand or Danny. Because if they do so, they will loose credibility.

I did follow Rand's follow-up post after he visited GPlex last year and Matt Cutts requested him to do a lecture for his team at GPlex.

If somebody knew properly how Google's algo or Yahoo's Search algos work - he could be a multi-millionaire in a week.

Hence, there are always debates, controversies, mysteries and opposite view when we talk about SE and SEO world --isn't?

Why should I agree with Rand or Danny on a topic that I believe otherwise? Just because they say? Sorry, I am very independent type of person and can't believe even the best in business if there is no confirmation from the source itself.

I believe they are authority sites - because they rank for many other words than the query which brings sitelinks.

For example, I have a directory of my own. I have good ranking for some words and gii was never a competitor for those words -- so it was never inside top 100.

Once it got sitelinks, it overtook me in a matter of hours - though I am sure Amit never optimized for that word which does not bring much traffic.

What I concluded was - gii has earned enough trust from Google to even rank for words on its contents and non targeted words. I have been following some other sites too - and found similiar results.

So unless and untill Matt Cutts or somebody from Google confirms -- I am at liberty to form my own opinion , so are other at liberty to have their own views. SE world is such a phenomenon that - nobody can say everything for surity.

Regards

jhnrang, Mar 25, 2008 IP
    onLoad likes this.
  16. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice post. I think the algo's are actually a lot simpler than people are giving them credit for. I've checked 168 sites so far with this style of linking and every single one of them shares an identical feature which I'm positive is the key. I'm running a few other tests and will let people know when I can be confident enough to shout from the rooftops about it.

JamieG, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  17. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't it be far better if we go back to work to achieve those coveted 'sitelinks' for more of our sites, instead of arguments on arguments on something we can't confirm for sure without the knowledge of inner working of their algo which can NEVER happen? ;)

onLoad, Mar 25, 2008 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  18. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm hoping that my results will be through on why I think these site links are being shown, will post them on our blog. That should stop any need for guessing or any petty jealousy.

JamieG, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  19. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I can't wait Jamie, I want to know why I've got them - for now, I'm at a loss, so get blogging!:p

Spider-Man, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  20. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Yours was actually part of the experiment, and its actually good if you don't know what you did to achieve the sitelinks. It helps with my findings as some people do appear to have accidentally stumbled on the way either by the software they are using or how they are using it. :)

JamieG, Mar 25, 2008 IP