1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

History of the Federal Reserve and The Fed Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by korr, Mar 24, 2008.

-Panic of 1907

This quote got me thinking of my favorite conspiracy theory and I put quite a bit of time & research into this article. The federal reserve history is a key part of U.S. history that isn't discussed much, but what exactly is the cost and what exactly is the benefit of such a system?

I'm asking big favors from the DigiPoint Politics people:
    • What do you think about the Fed?
    • What do you think about the article (or at least the funny pictures)?
    • How would I get more publicity for the story and find more communities that would be interested in such a topic :)
    • How can I better drive home the point that the Fed is unnecessary and only serves certain interests? Do you have any reputable sources to confirm this? (notice the references I use are .gov and .edu - I want to leave skeptics and "anti-conspiracy" cranks speechless!)

korr, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  2. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gauharjk, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  3. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    * What do you think about the Fed?

I think the Fed is nothing but a bunch of blood-sucking vampires, who have misused Capitalism, and have pushed US into deep financial problems, only to fulfill their ambitions and greed.

* What do you think about the article (or at least the funny pictures)?

The article is very interesting, just like the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

It all seems so true, now that we are witnessing all the effects of increasing liquidity firsthand,

* How would I get more publicity for the story and find more communities that would be interested in such a topic

The power of Social networking, coupled with a fancy domain-name, ike www.evil-fed-reserve.com

* How can I better drive home the point that the Fed is unnecessary and only serves certain interests? Do you have any reputable sources to confirm this? (notice the references I use are .gov and .edu - I want to leave skeptics and "anti-conspiracy" cranks speechless!)

People are sheeple, they won't believe you. But IMO, keep writing articles n the effects of Fed-induced-inflation and weakening of dollar, and people would soon start noticing...

4. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    micksss, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  5. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I've seen those videos - they are both provocative and entertaining. Unfortunately, I've caught them using some questionable information, and heard at least one or two quotes that have been debunked or wrongly attributed. I mean, a lot of it is historically verifiable, but one or two incorrect quotes and people will reject the whole thing out of hand... :(

korr, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    The conspiracy theory is a bunch of none sense and discussing it won't get you anywhere. Conspiracists have such a shallow understanding of the system that they dismiss all of the valid concerns.
    I was reading a transcript of the FOMC meeting a while back which included the discussion of their system open market account portfolio. They talked about a hypothetical scenario where the budget surplus would be great enough that the Treasury would stop issuing government securities (which was realistic then), thereby limiting the Fed's ability to engage in open market operations. One of the ideas that was mentioned included the outright transactions of corporate securities. So I went and checked their SOMA portfolio and the primary dealers' transactions and sure enough, there was an account for corporate securities. Although the amount didn't appear to be significant, there seemed to be a record of outright transactions. Why aren't you going after this? It could mean something significant. I'll tell you why: you conspiracists assume (from watching too many conspiracy videos) that the Fed is completely opaque and no such record is revealed to the public.

Do your own research, and when you can get over the fact that the Fed isn't owned by a bunch of foreign bankers, you may be able to address some of the valid concerns.

ReadyToGo, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    * I think the FED is unconstitutional and unnecessary.
    * Looks good.
    * I would recruit some help in the Mises.org forums. Goldismoney perhaps? The guy who wrote the Jekyll Island book has a liberty movement, I forget the name right now. You can also try Aaron Russo's Patriot community (forget the name of that as well, doh...) Anti-Tax groups. LewRockwell. DailyPaul for sure. As far as publicity, let me know and I will see if I can get my social marketing pals to push it when it's ready to be pushed... (PM me)
    * I find the best way to drive it home, is to explain fractional reserve banking, and the obvious inequity of the political/financial class being able to print money out of thin air in a manner no citizen can.

guerilla, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're right to a degree. But conspiracy theory is how many people come to even question the FED in the first place.

For the second time in a week, I've had someone come up to me and talk about Zeitgeist which is some conspiracy-ish movie. I've never watched it, just as I've never watched loose change, because propaganda works both ways. But still, people are now starting to ask me about banking, people that heard me speak about it in the past but responded with blank stares, because something in that movie has them questioning it now.

I agree, that conspiracy isn't necessarily the most serious or effective way, and we could use more hard and solid discourse on the mechanics of the FED.

9. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the fed is a shock absorber in our system, you don't want to be on a ship with no captain do you?

soniqhost.com, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  10. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, a shock absorber that causes really big bubbles and really big bursts.

A shock absorber that wore out the gold standard, silver standard, copper standard and zinc standard...

A shock absorber that creates moral hazard by playing with rates?

A shock absorber is benign when it is not absorbing shock. The FED creates moral hazard constantly.

11. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is my issue with the film, They credit JP Morgan for starting the panic of 1907 but JP Morgan is/was a bank and the last thing a bank wants is a bank run on its hands. That's financial suicide

soniqhost.com, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Morgan did start the panic. And he was in position to profit by it.

You should do some research on Morgan.

13. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is some food for thought...

14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hold on a second gauharjk...

Are you saying,

The Truth is Real?

15. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is so real, and is screaming in our faces, and yet most Americans choose to ignore everything.

16. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you're all smart enough to understand that banks make money by loaning money. If the Fed were so inclined to work in favor of private banks, why do they limit the banks' ability to loan money? It makes zero sense.

17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't understand the basis of the conspiracy theory. Which is kinda funny because you are adamantly against it.

If you don't understand moral hazard, then you can't understand the purpose for the FED. So figure out moral hazard, and the answer will be staring you in the face.

18. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a few questions to gauge the probability of a conspiracy:

• Does the Federal Reserve treat all banks equally or play favorites?
    • How many prolonged economic depressions and periods of stagflation existed prior to the establishment of the Fed?
    • What quantifiable benefit have we achieved by entrusting literally unlimited sums of money with unelected representatives who serve 12 year offices?
    • If you can realize politicians are corrupt and self-interested, what should you expect from individuals with more direct access to public money and less vulnerability to public opinion?
    If it wasn't labeled a "conspiracy theory" it would probably be considered common sense. But the bank is like a sacred cow, and any attempt to understand it is just short of heresy.

korr, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  19. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought; no one can answer my simple question. You can't answer a question by asking questions back.

20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    R2G, it does get a little "challenging" when people come by and are always ready to question someone else's intellectual rigor, but not provide any of their own.

Let's assume "no one can answer your simple question"

Want to take a shot at answering korr's questions?

Participate. It's fun.

guerilla, Mar 25, 2008 IP