1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

U.S. death toll in Iraq reaches 4,000

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Mar 24, 2008.

guru-seo, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When the people get a spine and some common sense, and hold him and Congress accountable.

Welcome back amigo! Hope you can stay a while. :D

guerilla, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  3. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks G! I'll do my best. ;)

4. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't it sad that the media basically celebrates the death of our Soldiers. How about a running death toll of terrorist killed in Iraq.

soniqhost.com, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Let's run it side-by-side with civilian deaths.

What is our effectiveness ratio in confirmed kills? :rolleyes: :mad:

guerilla, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find it amazing that there are not more replies to this thread, it's as if the loss of over 4,000 American people (many between 20 and 30 and in the prime of their lives) means nothing. It's almost as if some people are beyond caring any more.

And all based on a MASSIVE LIE. :mad:

AGS, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Because truth always hurts. And the cowards supporting this illegal and unjust war cannot handle the truth.

8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    wisdomtool, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have some articles I want to share, and they probably aren't worthy of a new thread.

Iraq Recession – or Iraq Depression?
    Militarism and the economy
    http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12572

Excerpt

---

They Died in Vain
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance138.html

Excerpt

---

How to Disintegrate a City
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/engelhardt/engelhardt321.html

The battle of Baghdad (second part) is very interesting. This is the sort of reporting and perspective you won't get on the evening news.

Excerpt

guerilla, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  10. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    guerilla, go tell one of those 4,000 families that and see how quickly you get kicked out. The soldiers did die honorably, they did die for our country, and every man's life has a purpose. Whether you agree with the reasons we're there and it is in fact sad that they died, I think this is taking it to another level that is not needed.

PHPGator, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't write the article, and I think you should read the second paragraph I quoted.

The reality no one is willing to own up to, is that we know the war is bogus, that it was fabricated, and these men and women have been sent on a dangerous and lethal mission despite it being bogus.

If for no other reason than the number of lives lost, Bush and Cheney should be impeached. What they have done to the men and women of the military, the economy and the psyche of this country is either criminally negligent or criminally conspiratorial.

And to deny that truth, is to dishonor these soldiers!

So don't chide me. There are still people there in harm's way. Advocate for them, don't apologize and make excuses for Bush.

12. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Guru good to see u back dude:D

Dude are u high on something? If so pass it onto me cause it seems to work so well that i might try the first drug ever in my life lol. They died for the missing wmd's that were never there? or for the al qaida that were never there, or for the classic 9-11 act that saddam was never a part of.
    the people that truely care for our fallen soldiers are the ones protesting to get the rest home from that lie of a war and to make sure they didnt die in vain. Its the people that keep posting the lies that are the ones that dont care for our soldiers. Go and ra-ra and raise ur flag. We raise the american flag in protest over this bs war to protect our soldiers from the harm that the elite military industrial complex is causing to them.

In fact, the family of the fallen soldiers should go right up to the white house lawn and demand to see those wmd's and alqaidas and all the proof of iraq's guilt for 9-11. They should be yelling this at the top of their lungs. I wont be surprised if their families do organize a protest. The situation in iraq seems to have taken another turn for the worst. So much for the BS SURGE.

pingpong123, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  13. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually, I have three family members in the military that have served in this war. They will certainly tell you that things are different. The only thing we see from the media is the deaths that are a result of it, you don't see how schools have been built and how women are slowly feeling as though they have more rights than dogs in the area.

Am I saying that we all need to support the war? No. I am saying that too belittle any of our soldiers deaths is in my opinion on the verge of treason and at minimum lacks any form of patriotism. Lets not forget the circumstances that our country was in when we went in and what type of information we had. The vast majority of Americans, including most of the figure-heads for the Democratic party, all thought that we should have went in. Now that we're in, we need to find a good exit strategy. If that means pulling all of our troops out immediately, then so be it. But don't belittle their death, that is just stupid.

PHPGator, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  14. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks bro! Glad to see my favorite bunch is still around. :)

guru-seo, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  15. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why women would have less rights than dogs in Iraq. They certainly were treated better under Saddam than women in Iran or Saudi Arabia. They could wear western clothes, get educated, take jobs as professionals.

If women have been treated badly in Iraq recently, it has more to do with the invasion than what was a cultural norm in the 80s and 90s.

Treason? Patriotism? Is it patriotic to stand by your President and Vice President as they send people off to kill and be killed, empowered by lies they have fed a terrified and emotional public? Gimme a break. A patriot fights tyranny, he doesn't endorse the tyrannical use of power.

If the war was started under false pretenses, bring the troops home. Period. They should not be in harm's way, receiving or dealing violence.

You're missing it. It's not about belittling their deaths. Their deaths are tragic but the people who sent them into that situation under a pack of lies are criminal. They were willing to go and fight to secure American freedom, but the situation they were sent into was something totally different.

So while their intentions were honorable, the deaths are not. There is no honor in dying for Bush and Cheney's lies. Or a spineless Congress that refuses to protect it's military from these situations. This war is, was and continues to be wrong, and the best thing for everyone is to bring the troops home.

Understand what the article I quoted is saying. Even Obama and McCain have slipped up on the trail and called the needless loss of life "wasteful". Precious life was lost for no other reason than negligence or conspiracy. And that has to be stopped.

Knowing what we know now, every death forward is an unfortunate circumstance that could have been avoided. Which makes me so pissed off when people claim we just can't leave. They are basically saying more people might have to die to establish an Iraqi government that has been corrupt, lazy and ineffective. None of that is in the Constitution of the United States of America.

16. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BRAVO GUERILLA, you have said everything i was thinking but in a more eloquent and organized way lol.:)

pingpong123, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  17. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ya Its definitely a lot of American soldiers that had to give their life for this supposedly good thing...

experienceadvertising, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  18. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    and Iraq has lost over 6,00,000 lives :(

maverick123, Apr 5, 2008 IP