1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my blog and I'll review yours!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by MoneyMoose, Mar 23, 2008.

Just type up what you think of Blog Badly and leave a link so that I can review your website too :)

Reviews will be as detailed as the ones you give me, so write a bunch and I will too.

An added bonus...
    If you review me on your blog or website, you'll be entered to win 125x125 ads on my blog for life.

MoneyMoose, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  2. DjChugg

DjChugg Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, nice blog, it looks very nice and sophisticated.
    I liked the information you had written, it was really useful.
    I liked the themes post too :)

Overall great job!! 8/10

My blog is b4uexpress.com

DjChugg, Mar 23, 2008 IP
    MoneyMoose likes this.
  3. Pippo09

Pippo09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice design i like it. Good organisated blog, great job :)

Pippo09, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    MoneyMoose likes this.
  4. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got some really interesting stories up on there. Both of the news stories on the front page were great reads and I Stumble'd one (the gas one). I'm a fan of the Revolution theme although some pictures instead of the "Featured" would be good (dunno if that's possible). Overall, some images anywhere would be great.

8/10 as well. Nice!

MoneyMoose, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  5. Ikki

Ikki Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

You've got a nice blog here! Great theme! I liked your slogan too ;) (""How not to blog" hehe). However, I'm not a big fan of your ad in the header. I feel you need to work out your logo a bit more to make sure it blends with the header's background. Did you create this theme or you just downloaded it from somewhere?

I rate your blog 8/10 (at least until you fix the header xD)

Mine is: http://www.rauru.com (it's only 17 days old... so be kind :p)

Ikki, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. Khael

Khael Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall, the design and layout is ok, though it could get a bit of finesse retouches here and there.
    Maybe the light blue of the sidebar links a bit darkened.
    The thing I really don't dig is the white space on the right, when the sidebar content ends.
    I'm all for white space and web-freedom but since you have a centered layout with dark stripes in background, this white space does not add value.
    From my point of view, you have 2 solutions:
    1. Limit the number of the displayed entries per page.
    2. Add a background color to the sidebar, full height.

A nice retouch would be to have equal paddings/spaces in the header. The top white space is obviously smaller than the left and right. Also, rethink the top menu styling so that it does not move when mousing over.

I'm sure the rest will come in time, since a personal theme is always subject for constant changes and updates. ;)

Good luck with your blog!

Khael, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    @Ikki

I love the theme. It's very minimal yet bright and exciting. I believe I saw it on some top Wordpress themes list a while ago and considered switching. :)
    For your sidebar - does the meta bar help anyone? I would probably move it lower or remove it all together. I'm also not a fan of the "Read More" on some posts.

Still, it seems very professional and better than most blogs at 17 days. Awesome job so far!

9/10

8. Ikki

Ikki Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments :) I've been thinking about the "Read more" stuff. Some people say it must be there so you can encourage people to read your post and maybe leave a comment later. Some others says that it's useless and push readers away. I'll let people decide that ;)

The meta bar came with the theme :p As you, I believe it doesn't make any big difference so I'll probably end up removing the whole thing. For now I'll just remove a few features that only I use: Site Admin (a link to the WP login screen), Logout (from WP Admin), and Wordpress (a link to them).

Ikki, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  9. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the excellent critique! Do you have anything you want me to review?

10. Khael

Khael Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't review yours to have mine reviewed back. ;) I did it because I had something to say. So please don't feel that you have to review only because of this.
    If you want, here it is.
    Thanks!

Khael, Mar 24, 2008 IP