1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Adsense Dream [a newbies handbook]

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by wwm, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said, the biggest part is the initial launching and wrapping your head around it. But as you state, once you get into it, you can create popular sites easily.

Like anything in life there is a learning curve, that gets easier :)

Brad

Brad Callen, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  2. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Hopefully it keeps getting easier, my goal is $240/day by the end of the year.

fgs, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  3. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the things that helped alot was creating my own base php5 libraries and own framework (nowadays there are very good frameworks like symfony, zend are available)

this way i didnt have to reinvent the wheel every time i needed a new site, making new sites became a lego building exercise (plug this backend in, write a controller, extend or create new models, cretae a template for the view)

wwm, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  4. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point. Rather longwinded way of saying it though. And i think ive heard it before somewhere. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff. :/

Notting, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  5. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    alot of the senior people on this forum know that ;)

i just hope more newbies read this before they commit to adsense

wwm, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  6. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    This is where I struggle that launch, my site grow painfully slowly but get there in the end. One post on this thread said they get 500 uniques a day in month 1 god how i dream of that!!

Thats my key objective now kick starting sites not just slowly letting them wind up

Pheew! better get starting the next site then!!

Jamie

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  7. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the servers i manage, has a site which get that every hour (or even few mintes at peak times) and to make matters worse its a very database intesive site. I had to rewrite the whole system in php5 mysql5 this massively reduced the load on the server, but mysql was still close to 90% at all times
    :(

i had to start caching articles so to spread the load from mysql to apache. the site owner doesnt want to move up to better hardware yet but he was more than happy to dish out for rewriting the system

theres a stage when a site reaches when it just keeps growing without input, the problems at this stage becomes how to effectively manage increasing numbers of visitors on a server that can only take so much. its very exciting area for me

wwm, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  8. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well as far as i think the point wwm is tryin to make is tht google adsense is not a get rich in a day types.. i think wht is required to gain in adsense is

- A good concept website
    - Some great backlinks
    - Nice SEO

well if you have these.. i think you will get throught google adsense quite well.. well i am at a stage were i just make about 2-3 $ a day.. but then i know there's lotz of hope.. so m tryin and tryin... and advice the same 2 all.. :)_

pratik, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  9. donnareed

donnareed Peon

Best Answers:
    Care to give us less savvy types a few hints? From reading between the lines, it seems that you have a couple established, well ranking sites (or perhaps large network of sites) with traffic, then you link to your newer sites from them. That gets you indexed quickly as well as starts you off with some good linkage.

As for the rest of it- do you do massive link exchange campaigns? Buy high PR links? Write tons of articles for article directories? Target low competition keywords?

I've experimented with all of the above, and Google seems to sandbox me on all but the last one.

donnareed, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  10. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to give my server a nudge to remind it what its there for !!

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  11. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not always true, if you have money to invest you can always have people do work for you =]

and as far as >500 uniques in a first month is concerned, I do have an established network of sites in the niche, give some good links and the site gets indexed a lot quicker. Do not really buy links, even though a lot of experts say it is worthwhile. One of the biggest keys I have found is to not start a site on a brand new , just registered domain, it is always good to pick up a domain from a domain name / expired domain name auction, eliminates chances of your site being sandboxed for way too long. There is no sure way though, every case is unique =]

Best of luck

fgs, Mar 13, 2006 IP
    Wally likes this.
  12. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks wwm, that post was informative and i am sure it must had set the cards right for the new ones in this adsense scene, like me. I think I should try to stick to SEO now onwards. Thanks again

SEO Guru, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  13. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the deal "Adsense Friends"
    you click ours, we'll click yours..

(top paying keywords only)

no.. i'm joking..

or am i? muh hah ha ha!

no... i am.. :p

donteatchicken, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  14. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    funny or not, its been tried before by people creating "adsense clicking groups"... didnt work out too well..

fgs, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  15. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow.. people are dumb... did they get sued?

donteatchicken, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  16. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok i'm here..

great topics..

overall, the conclusion was hardwork + bit investment + dedication + interest + trial and error = money.

i'm still new, but i have always learn on trial and error basis, i'm actually have not even single piece of experience in any programming method, but when u have the keen to success, nothing is impossible, now i have my own site, not looks so good, but it's mine, on my own work.

i have just make 6 bucks from adsense, but over 1000++ from the offline market, before, just 40 bucks per day, now combining with the online market, it's keep expanding, still lot of works to do and i feel tired like hell, but i do enjoy it very much.

rewlie, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  17. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    The quantity of hits aren't that important. It is quality that counts.

IamNed, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  18. AbdulR

AbdulR Guest

Best Answers:
    Mr Reese already had very high PR sites he linked his new adsense sites with which must have helped a lot.
    So he didn't exactly strart from scratch...

AbdulR, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  19. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Reese just shows an example of what you CAN achieve with hard work.
    His high PR sites didn't fall out of the sky, he put hard work into developing those as well.

He doesn't give all away, people just need to take from it what they can.
    The bottom line is that you need to work to succeed, too many people waste time reading about how to do it, but spend little or not time actually doing anything about it.

forumbulge, Mar 15, 2006 IP
    dfsweb likes this.
  20. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true! It's very easy to say "Oh, he has high PR sites" but forumbulge is right, they didn't just pop out of thin air. You have to put hard work, effort (and money) into any new venture to make money. If you make the right moves earlier, hopefully it gets easier as you go!

dfsweb, Mar 15, 2006 IP
    forumbulge likes this.