1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Domain/Hosting Question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Popinski, Mar 22, 2008.

Hello I have a few domain names on godaddy.com I purchased years ago but never bought hosting for them yet.

If I have a HostGator account, do I need to transfer these domain names from godaddy to hostgator?

Also, each has whois privacy, if I do need to move them to hostgator I don't see anywhere where hostgator offers this option, can you get whois privacy if you're with hostgator from somewhere else?

Thanks, I'm searching the forums but havent found much yet I think it might be too basic a question hehe.

Edit: ok I see I just need to change DNS servers? If so thats cool, also though if I have Hostgator domain name can I get Whois privacy for it?

Popinski, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  2. coolcode007

coolcode007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just change the nameservers of the domain@godaddy to point to the hostgator.

it should be something like
    ns783.hostgator.com
    ns784.hostgator.com

(thats for one of my sites with hostgator)

the exact nameservers for your hosting account should be in the email which you got from sales@ hostgator.com with the title "Your hostgator account information"

coolcode007, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    eng152 likes this.
  3. Loskas

Loskas Peon

Best Answers:
    When you sign up, Hostgator will provide you with Nameserver and you don't need to do any transfer.
    [​IMG]

Loskas, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  4. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No need for transfers just change to nameservers you get in hostgator email or contact there support for one!!

gsv13, Mar 24, 2008 IP