1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any way to get listed in google in a day?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rado_guy, Mar 12, 2006.

hi every one
    this is my first post in this forum here
    and i must say you people have a very informative and an awesome forum goin on here

now to my question

is there any way to get listed in google within a day?

i read an article in seochat which said that by gettin a link on web page with google pr6 or 7 will make a site get listed in google within a day or two
    is this true?

i hope all ya people help me clear this doubt
    thanks

rado_guy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  2. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Get an adwords account, you'll get lised instantly.

Now to the real answer..

Not sure, but it's possible. Imo when you want to get listed in google and get serp don't go for results overnight, go for the long term.
    Get many backlinks, not just one pr 6/7 but get links from relevant content pages to your website. Evetually you'll get listed in the google search engine.

WhatiFind, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  3. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a lot of affiliation with other websites, backlink.

A quick question related to the topic, is being listed on google search page (in adword) gives you some sort of backlinking?

tomzx, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  4. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what you mean by listed. There are basically 2 parts - getting into the index, and ranking for terms that the public search for. It's possible to get into the index in 1 day (but don't count on it), but ranking highly for terms that users are searching for is a different matter.

hooperman, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  5. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Nope, it's the advertising system of Google. More info www.google.com/adwords/

WhatiFind, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  6. Manish Pandey

Manish Pandey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get listed in google just get few quality links from sites having pr7-8 you would be there in their index with in 24hrs ...

Take care

Manish

Manish Pandey, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  7. sufyaaan

sufyaaan Banned

Best Answers:
    Manish is correct. If you get a couple of backlinks from (the home page of) high PR sites (that are crawled by G on daily-basis) then most probably your site will get listed in the next 24 hours.

sufyaaan, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  8. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    NO
    it depends on google and you cannot manipulate their algo :)

Mong, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  9. Manish Pandey

Best Answers:
    I would like to correct your concept here my dear friend Mong... It's a real fact that one's site may get indexed by the google robots by just getting links for sites that have high prs like those having pr7-8...

The reason behind this is quite simple, these are the sites (pr7-8) that are crawled by the google robots frequently ... they get crawled even within 24hrs... And I guess you understand what they do when they find a link to a new webpage... they go on crawling... So if you get your site to high pr sites that would take you to their index instantly. Well that's the way I enter in the index of google...

Take care

Manish

10. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Manish ...

Firstly PR7/8 sites do not necessarily get crawled more frequently than lower PR sites, especially if there is little content change on the page. Some sites restrict Google from indexing any of their content more than once a week.

Organic seeding / indexing can occur from any site having a link to the site that wishes to get indexed. There is a better likelyhood of getting that "site link" picked up by Google for indexing if the link comes from an authorative site with substantial content changes. And even if Google did pick up the link, it does not necessarily mean the target site will be indexed immediately, GOOGLE determines that.

LaCabra, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  11. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    But it has been known that high PR websites generally updates a lot so crawlers come often, which makes your chances of getting indexed far better than not being listed on a high PR website.

Otherwise, what would be the point of getting on a high PR website/page?

tomzx, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  12. Manish Pandey

Best Answers:
    Yes, ofcourse... Well I have noticed it myself that google robots come more often to the sites having higher pr

Well I don't know why haven't you realised till now... Brad could you give your comment please... I even heard from you too that pr7-8 sites get crawled often... Thanks

Take care

Manish

13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    That would be my question to you..."Otherwise, what would be the point of getting on a high PR website/page?" ... I personally don't care about PR!! I'll take steady traffic from 100 PR0 sites than little traffic from a PR7 site. PR is irrelevant for me, its all about the $ at the end of the day and the only way to do so is to get the traffic.

Do you have a PR7/8 site to prove your theory? The site on your sig is a PR2. Please don't generalize your comments.

You must be mistaken. My name is not Brad and I have never made such comments and like I said earlier I don't care about PR.

IF YOU THINK PR IS IMPORTANT .... READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD - - - -> http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=59309

LaCabra, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  14. WhatUdo!

WhatUdo! Guest

Best Answers:
    Create an adsense account and then put the google search on your site and that will query google to index it, usually within a day or two.

WhatUdo!, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  15. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Point here was that it's better to get a PR7 pointing to your website if you want google to index your site within a day. It's sure 100 PR0 might be good traffic for your business, but might not be for indexing.

tomzx, Mar 12, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  16. Blinksy

Blinksy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    put your links in your sigs on forums, i get mine in google in 1-2 days by doing just that.

Blinksy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  17. rado_guy

rado_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    so by getting links from pr 7 or 8 site i can get my site to appear in search in less than 24 hours?
    i heard that too many incoming links on a particular page hurts that page's pr is that true?

rado_guy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  18. Blinksy

Blinksy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a pr4 with no other links on it is better than a pr7 with 50 links on it.

If thats what your asking.

If you mean too many links TO a page, i am pretty sure that wont hurt a page, it will do quite the opposite.

Blinksy, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  19. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the goals. As was asked here is it possible to be listed in google within 1 day. Certainly. Infact my record is about 4 hours. Timing yes probably.

But the fact that I had a link coming in from an Authority PR7 at the time had a heck of alot to do with it.

PR really doesnt mean a whole lot to goole anymore and as said above I would much rather have a link from an ontopic site with less outgoing links then a PR7 with 50 outgoing links.

Its all about working out your site goals and then taking the approach which is best for you.

In the end if you are looking for a long term stability goal. Then building links on-topic and even better if they are one-way. Will help you alot more.

Is there really anypoint in being listed in 1 day? Not likely as you arent going to see any results from day 1 for main terms.

Brad

Brad Callen, Mar 12, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  20. rado_guy

rado_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    heyy Brad how did you get listed in 4 hrs? please tell me and i am thinkin of startin a lyrics site so most of my visitors will be comin thru search engine so seo and bein listed in google fast will do lot of good to my site

rado_guy, Mar 13, 2006 IP